Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #46
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
With the amount of praise your books are getting both here and elsewhere, I can't imagine why no major publisher was willing to buy them.
That is a very good question, one my agent and I haven't been able to answer. I suppose a big part of it is buzz. That's what worked for Daniel Suarez, author of Daemon, and Christopher Paolini, author of Eragon. I'm hoping to build up some buzz for myself, which is the reason I put my books on the Kindle and my web site. With praise from people such as yourself and Stormchild (thanks!), maybe I'll be able to generate the buzz I need.

In the meantime, I continue writing. I will finish my work-in-progress this summer.

Cheers,
Boyd
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #47
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I'm only about 1/3 finished with The Ark, but I certainly agree with the favorable comments. It definitely has "blockbuster film" written all over it. Here's hoping Boyd finds a publisher willing to take a chance!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #48
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
SteveK, I agree. I loved The Ark and I would be very happy to pay for it (as an ebook). The story would be great as a movie.

I've just started The Palmyra Impact and I have The Adamas Blueprint downloaded, ready to read, too.

Last edited by cbell; 04-24-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added ebook qualifier
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:21 AM   #49
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I have finished all three books now. I just want to echo what I said about The Ark. Fantastic books. Looking forward to reading more.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #50
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Just downloaded your three novel. I will start with the Palmyra Impact, as it's the story that sound the more interesting for me.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #51
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Boyd, maybe you need a new agent!
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #52
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce;
Boyd, maybe you need a new agent!
Boyd can I add my voice, I am only part way through the ark but find it a well crafted & written book & am amazed that it is not in print (pbook)
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #53
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Boyd,

Wow! I just finished "The Ark" and loved it I tend to agree with the other posts. Why wasn't this given a contract to be printed? Maybe give it a try again? How about self-publishing and / or setting up a paypal and / or tip jar on your site?

Thank you so very much for sharing your work with us. I'm on to the next one now...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #54
Shadow
Enthusiast
Shadow began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
Ok.. so I finished the Ark and Palmyra Impact and may I say, WOW what two great stories.. The Palmyra Impact just screams "4th of July" weekend movie. It's a blockbuster in waiting..

But I must admit I am a bit fearful to start the 3rd book cause the last 2 just blew my socks off and I am afraid the 3rd won't live up to my new high expectations from Mr. Morrison..

I must say that "The Palmyra Impact" truly had my heard racing.. that is not a figure of speech.. I was fully on Oahu with those characters.. I was there with Kia, Mia, Lani and I really liked Brad... Thanks so much Mr Morrison for these 2 great stories I'll be starting "Adamas Blueprint" shortly after I catch my breath..

again..
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #55
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I don't know this Boyd Morrison, but I've used Morrison and Boyd's Organic Chemistry a lot
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #56
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
however you have to purchase from Amazon to be able to write a review there.
Go to the Amazon
Look up
Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable
It is basically an ethernet cat 5 cable with RJ45 on each end. It is virtualy identical to the cable that connects most of the computers to the net. So what is so special about this particular "model"? Well, AKDL1 is a special audiophile version. It costs $500

There are hundreds of great, *great*, GREAT reviews of this cable.
Somehow, I do not think that those reviews were written by people that actually purchased this product.

Go ahead. Check those reviews.
But put that cup down first!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
I installed one of these cables between my gigabit ethernet switch and my Canon Pixma 6700 color printer. I know it's not a sanctioned use, but I was looking for the ultimate in speed and color fidelity. I'm freaky that way.
The first time I downloaded a picture to the printer over this cable, the bits moved so fast the printer collapsed into a naked singularity, right there in my office.
Since then, I can't find the cat, and my entire set of VAX/VMS 4.7 documentation (DEC Will Rise Again!) (Mmmmm, orangey!) has gone missing.
Please, for the love of God, please, do not use these cables! The very existence of Earth may depend on your decision!
UPDATE: I mean, can you imagine *two* naked singularities, one male, one female, on the Howard Stern show? Not even a loving God could excuse this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
I ended up using this cable to connect my PC to my LAN, and soon realized I wasn't dealing with any ordinary Cat5 cable. I had seen the date and time change on my taskbar, which was quite odd, but timed with the use of this cable. I then noticed that various news and websites also showed this incorrect time and date. A few minutes had passed as I checked my cache, my router, and anything else I could think that would cause this odd behavior. Finally it dawned on me, the Denon AKDL1 was transmitting information faster then time itself! Amazing!
What is even more amazing, is that it appears to be accelerating. Yesterday (4/23 16:30hrs, when I posted this review) the time offset was about 24 hours, now the offset appears to be 36 hours, and increasing. Soon I'll be able to read news events from our distant future.
Anyway... I fully recommend this cable. $500 is a small investment to what your equity investments will look like in only a few months.
Oh, a few last things:
Somalian pirates turn out to actually be tied to Greenpeace
Karl Rove goes on a rampage and kills 11, including himself
also check Amazon site for cd
Very Best of David Hasselhoff
and see reviews.
Again, I highly doubt that reviewers have purchased the item.

Disclaimer:
I am not trying to compare those three books with the above mentioned products, I just want to demonstrate that is IS possible to write review without purchasing a product on Amazon.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #57
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
kacir is absolutely right.

There are no restriction for writing a review for Boyd Morrison books in kindle shop.

All you have to do is:
The Palmyra Impact (Kindle Edition)

by Boyd Morrison (Author)
7 Reviews
5 star: (6) 4 star: (1) 3 star: (0) 2 star: (0) 1 star: (0)
See all 7 customer reviews...

4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)

Click on (7 customer reviews)
You will be re-directed to a new page. (Maybe you need an account on amazon.com Maybe not.)

At the top of this page there is something like that:
Average Customer Review
(7 customer reviews)
Share your thoughts with other customers

You click on Create your own review....etc.

P.S. Disclaimer. I have not read the books and I don't know the writer at all. I am just trying to help a little bit

Last edited by astra; 04-26-2009 at 04:27 PM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #58
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Disclaimer:
I am not trying to compare those three books with the above mentioned products, I just want to demonstrate that is IS possible to write review without purchasing a product on Amazon.
I'm afraid you're mistaken - no one's suggesting you can only write a review about products you're purchased, but if you've not purchased anything from Amazon US (or not for a long time, anyway) then you can't post a review there. As it happens, I tried to post a review some time ago and failed for that reason, but more recently I did purchase something from Amazon US (rather than UK, as I normally do,) and was subsequently able to post a review there.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #59
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
kacir is absolutely right.

There are no restriction for writing a review for Boyd Morrison books in kindle shop.
Hmm, have you (a) actually gone as far as trying to commit a review and (b) purchased anything from Amazon US with that account? It's only at that stage that the check occurs...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #60
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Oh well, I did buy a lot of things on amazon.com and quite often I write reviews on books I didn't purchase there. I just re-read the explanation about purchasing at least one item with your account.
My bad. Sorry about it.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote