Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 01:12 AM   #1
fennectech
Connoisseur
fennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Clara E2, Kindle 4 Keyboard 3G
Cannot get kindle 5 touch to accept packages no mater what i do

I've been beating my head on this thing for three days now At the moment my kindle is 5.3.7.3 stock I flashed to 5.1.2 with Kubrick and updated via amazons normal method. I've followed the instructions in the readme and unzipped the kindle 5.4 jailbreak zip onto the root of my storage then done the update. It seems to work fine and the jailbreak screen pops up. KUAL even works if I put it on there manually but no matter what I do bins put on the root of the storage is deleted the moment I unmount the filesystem and the update button stays grayed out forever. some things like the kindle jailbreak bins work. I've tried using mrpackage installer but it just reports back "package script failed (1), moving on" Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a B011 kindle
fennectech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Can you provide a log so that we have a better idea what failed? Or even links to the packages you are using. Could be many things e.g. a package targeting a different device.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
fennectech
Connoisseur
fennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enough

Ive used this to jailbreak http://mr-public.auth-2ac4bfee353948...-r16683.tar.xz and this is the package ive tried to use http://mr-public.auth-2ac4bfee353948...-r16737.tar.xz where do i get logs?
Old 01-21-2020, 12:52 AM   #4
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
It looks like you are using the correct package for a K5 Touch, which is a common stumbling block (you should add your K5 to your profile).

Logs should give us more to go on. Look for update logs in the /var/local/log folder and MRPI logs in the MRPI extensions folder.

Last edited by Junket; 01-21-2020 at 01:47 AM.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:16 PM   #5
fennectech
Connoisseur

I rebuild my extensions folder and managed to get mrpi working properly Update firmware installing packages is still broken but I can at least install stuff. Thanks for helping I cant pull the logs to satisfy curiosity as I've since kubricked the thing after rm -rf * in /etc/ accidentally
Advert
Old 01-22-2020, 09:53 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There's a vague possibility UYK is broken on that older FW because of the sheer amount of devices being supported in current packages, but I couldn't really say more without system logs.

The recommended procedure is to use MRPI anyway, so, eh.

I can't recall the last time I tried UYK on a Touch (and I don't even recall which FW version mine is running ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:50 AM   #7
fennectech
Connoisseur

ive got a KOBO glo hd comming in the mail. cant wait to get moved into that! the internal sdcard will make for all kinds of schenagains.