Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
New to "Read in Store" feature: Limited Selection

I had never used the Read in Store feature before and always assumed you could read any nook book available.

However, I stopped by a B&N store because I wanted to read a book I am interested in, but not willing to pay $12.99 for it and when I searched for it, it just showed me a sample of the book, the same I would get without being in store. I was connected to the store wifi and the only option I saw was browsing "read in store" titles and it only listed a little over two hundred titles. Does this mean I can only read those books and not just any book?

Considering that if you go to the store you can read any hardcopy for as long as you want, this seems very limited. Although a lot of the books available are popular selections, I tend not to read those.
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
The publisher must allow the "Read in Store" feature.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
yeah when it was first out, it was almost any book but the publishers put the brakes on that. People would read books for free by just going to BN everyday and camping out. LOL

Jerks.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
It's been a limited selection since I got my NOOK well over a year ago.

No, you're not limited to those specific titles. Those are the most popular Read-In-Store titles. Check the e-books you're interested in to see if you they're Read-In-Store enabled.

A long time ago, you could tell on the B&N web site if an e-book was available for Read-In-Store, but they got rid of that feature. Now you have to actually go to the store to find out.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
It's been a limited selection since I got my NOOK well over a year ago.

No, you're not limited to those specific titles. Those are the most popular Read-In-Store titles. Check the e-books you're interested in to see if you they're Read-In-Store enabled.

A long time ago, you could tell on the B&N web site if an e-book was available for Read-In-Store, but they got rid of that feature. Now you have to actually go to the store to find out.
I specifically searched for the book I wanted and it wasn't available for read-in-store. I just assumed all titles were, since you have access to the physical copies of the book when you are at the store, so I suppose I would have to do that instead.
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert