Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 08:14 AM   #2296
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kiwi Rules is the first in a new-ish series, New Zealand Ever After, by Rosalind James. It is free right now at Kindle US and UK, probably in honor of the second title in the series, Stone Cold Kiwi, which has just come out. (And is available via KU, thank heaven...)

I'm not sure if this series is self-pub, but I've liked every Rosalind James book I've read, including this one...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQB2RV3
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NQB2RV3

Spoiler:
Quote:
I may have lost my leg. I may have lost my job. I didn't have to lose my courage.

You don’t find many too-pretty rich boys in the New Zealand Defence Force. Turns out there’s a reason for that. Fortunately, you can find your true self in the oddest places. Of course, you can lose yourself in those places, too—at least some pieces of you.

Since I was back home with a new leg, some facial alterations, and time on my hands, I might as well help out my sister. Showing a potential buyer around some of New Zealand’s quirkier ecotourism sites, having a few adrenaline-fueled adventures? Fine. It wasn’t like I’d never been camping, unlike the walking tornado that was Miss Karen Sinclair. Unfortunately, Karen had never heard of the phrase, “Let me get that,” let alone, “We don’t have time.” She’d definitely never heard, “There’s no more room in the car.”

And then there was the sexual frustration.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:31 AM   #2297
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Honeymoon for the Alpha (Sectors New Allies #11.5) by Veronica Scott (A-/5 stars)
Not going to list the individual titles, but I read, then skimmed some of the books in Meghan Ciana Doidge's various Adept Universe series (Dowser, Oracle, and Reconstructionist series. I didn't get to the Amplifier series). I liked the idea of the various overlapping series better than the execution. I was disappointed in the romance arc of the Reconstructionist series (will spare my ranting). So I have given up. I'm glad I had only bought book one a few years ago and borrowed the others from the library. One of those cases where I want my time back. (many others love the books, so YMMV)

Also next up in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread is Blaze of Memory.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 2-23.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	177327  

Last edited by library addict; 02-24-2020 at 04:46 AM. Reason: fix series #
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #2298
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jackie Lau's Ultimate Pi Day Party (Baldwin Village #1) is currently free.
Spoiler:
If there’s one thing that might get my dad, a retired math teacher, to visit Toronto and have a real conversation with me for the first time in seventeen years, it’s a big nerdy Pi Day party. And hopefully this party—and seeing the tech company I built from nothing—will finally be enough to impress him and make him forgive me for everything I did when I was a teenager.

But it’s got to be a really great party.

That’s where Sarah Winters comes in. She owns Happy As Pie, a sweet and savory pie shop, and wants to get into catering. She makes an amazing lamb-rosemary pie, cherry pie, lemon-lime tart…you get the idea. She’ll provide the food and help me plan the party, nothing more. No matter how much time we spend together, I’m not going to fall in love with her.

At least, that’s what I tell myself…

Kobo

Amazon
Old 02-24-2020, 12:24 AM   #2299
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Honeymoon for the Alpha (Sectors New Allies #11) by Veronica Scott (A-/5 stars)
Not going to list the individual titles, but I read, then skimmed some of the books in Meghan Ciana Doidge's various Adept Universe series (Dowser, Oracle, and Reconstructionist series. I didn't get to the Amplifier series). I liked the idea of the various overlapping series better than the execution. I was disappointed in the romance arc of the Reconstructionist series (will spare my ranting). So I have given up. I'm glad I had only bought book one a few years ago and borrowed the others from the library. One of those cases where I want my time back. (many others love the books, so YMMV)

Also next up in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread is Blaze of Memory.

Purchased:
Thank you, I´ll check Veronica Scott´s book.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:46 AM   #2300
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you, I´ll check Veronica Scott´s book.
Oops, it's actually #11.5 in the series

My grade was influenced by the fact they are my favorite couple of the series. But they are also the h/h of the first book, so I would recommend at least reading that full-length one as it introduces the various characters and set-up. Other than another novella which featured the h/h of book two, all of the full-length books feature a different couple.

Last edited by library addict; 02-24-2020 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:54 AM   #2301
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Oops, it's actually #11.5 in the series

My grade was influenced by the fact they are my favorite couple of the series. But they are also the h/h of the first book, so I would recommend at least reading that full-length one as it introduces the various characters and set-up. Other than another novella which featured the h/h of book two, all of the full-length books feature a different couple.
Ok, I'll check, thank you very much.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:10 AM   #2302
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Crosspost to the "other fiction" thread for Dragonfly In Amber, the second in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, £0.99 at Kindle UK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3957473
Old 03-01-2020, 05:56 AM   #2303
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Wife He Couldn’t Forget by Yvonne Lindsay (C-/2 stars)
  • Second Chance Island (Love Coast to Coast #1) by Jenny Schwartz (C/2 stars)
  • Ice-Breaker (Love Coast to Coast #2) by Jenny Schwartz (C+/3 stars)
  • No Rescue (Love Coast to Coast #3) by Jenny Schwartz (B-/3 stars)
  • The Wedding Fling (DiMarco Family #2) by Kate Davies (B/4 stars)
  • His Christmas Cinderella by Kate Willoughby (C-/2 stars)
Still on Blaze of Memory in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread as I haven't started rereading it yet (even though it's one of my favorites). Hope to rectify that this afternoon.

Purchased:
none
Old 03-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #2304
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Iron and Magic is now $0.99 at Kindle US as part of today's Daily Deal. Not dropped in price at Kobo US, at least as of now...

Links below are still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
A couple of Ilona Andrews titles have dropped in price today...

Iron and Magic is the first title in the Hugh d’Ambray spin-off from the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. It has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable)
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZ39YYV
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/iron-and-magic

{edited}
Old 03-07-2020, 04:33 PM   #2305
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
A couple of sales on books by authors that I've enjoyed:

Free:
Blow Me Away by Christina Hovland

$0.99:
Flirting With the Frenemy by Pippa Grant

America's Geekheart by Pippa Grant

Hero by Jolie Vines
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:25 AM   #2306
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
I DNF'd several new-to-me books this week. A couple I set aside to try again when I am in a different mood, but overall my TBR mountain is too high to spend time on books I am not liking in the slightest. Even when I ultimately rate a book a D there are at least characters or parts I enjoyed enough to finish it.

Next up in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread is Whisper of Sin.

Purchased:
none
Old 03-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #2307
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Song of Blood & Stone ( Earthsinger Chronicles, Book One) by L. Penelope is $1.99. It's described as a historical romantic fantasy.

https://smile.amazon.com/Song-Blood-...s%2C210&sr=8-1
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:17 AM   #2308
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Colleen Hoover as made 4 books free for the next 5 days on kindle
Facebook post from her with the links - https://www.facebook.com/AuthorColle...33606233319621
You don’t need to have FB to click them also I note you can add the audio for just $1.99 on some
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:21 PM   #2309
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Love Hard (Hard Play #3) by Nalini Singh (A-/5 stars)
I started a few other books, but none fit my mood so I set them aside for now and went back to my complete Psy/Changeling series reread. Hoping to finish up Kiss of Snow today.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 3-15.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	177737  
Old 03-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #2310
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Today only, for St. Patty’s day, Harlequin has a Buy 2, Get 2 Free sale with the coupon code “LUCKY2020”. It’s a one time use coupon and is good through 11:59 ET. Happy online shopping and if you do have to go out, stay safe!

For once I’m not complaining about the size of my TBR mountain.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote