Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #31
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Anybody have idea if Landscape mode work correctly in Kindle 4 NT?
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #32
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Cool 2.7 released

KCC 2.7 released!

== Changelog ==
  • Lots of GUI improvements (#27, #13)
  • Added gamma support within --gamma option (defaults to profile-specified gamma) (#26, #27)
  • Added --nodithering option to prevent dithering optimizations (#27)
  • Epub margins support (#30)
  • Fixed no file added if file has no spaces on Windows (#25)
  • Gracefully exit if unrar missing (#15)
  • Do not call kindlegen if source epub is bigger than 320MB (#17)
  • Get filetype from magic number (#14)
  • PDF conversion works again

Sources and binaries on the top post
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #33
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AWKCC 1.4 was released too :-)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #34
TheMarksman
TheMarksman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thumbs up

Yay! Thanks so much for these great tools!!!

Last edited by TheMarksman; 03-09-2013 at 09:50 PM.
TheMarksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #35
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hmm- not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but on ML 10.8.2, the converter just dies upon attempting convert. I can't find any error logs in console.
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #36
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenH View Post
Hmm- not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but on ML 10.8.2, the converter just dies upon attempting convert. I can't find any error logs in console.
Upload files you trying to convert somewhere and send me PM with link and settings what you use.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #37
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenH View Post
which message did you get on failure? Do you have kindlegen and unrar in /usr/bin?
Also, please provide any file giving you errors
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #38
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. I need some feedback from Kindle Non-Touch and Kindle Touch users. I don't have access to hardware and I need some data about firmware differences before I can add some features to next KCC release. Screenshots would be nice.

Test file: http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu!-K4.mobi
Dont send it to Kindle. USB upload required.

Virtual Panel View on Kindle Non-Touch should not work at all. But landscape mode might be available.

Portrait mode:
  1. Virtual Panel View works correctly? It should display full page without any margins and then 4 panels (Starting from top right) also without any margins.
Landscape mode:
  1. It is possible to enable Landscape mode?
  2. Virtual Panel works correctly? It should display two pages and then 4 panels that show half of page.
  3. How big margins are in that half page panel?

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-16-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #39
TheMarksman

Tested it...things are going exactly as you mentioned, I think....I have the latest version of kindle paperwhite....

EDIT: Sorry for the whisky...didn't notice it...lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1834
Size:	762.5 KB
ID:	102972   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	1962
Size:	792.8 KB
ID:	102973   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	8434
Size:	582.7 KB
ID:	102974  

Last edited by TheMarksman; 03-16-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #40
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Thanks for effort but read first paragraph again :-P
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #41
TheMarksman

oh, lol...yeah, it's the whisky my friend...
Old 03-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #42
squall_dc
squall_dc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, KindlePPW
Thanks for this great program!

I have one issue and some requests (if possible):

- When I use the "upscale" option, it will correctly upscale images that are smaller, but for images that are larger, it will crop part of the picture.
Can this be automatic (so larger images don't get cut off)

- For upscaling, can we have an option to do a bilinear filter to smooth out the jaggies?

- Is it possible to center the picture?

Thanks,
squall_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #43
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Send me link to your source files.
  • Never seen that upscale crop anything
  • All pictures should be automatically centered unless that is part of splited image in MOBI with landscape mode.

1.8 version will include major Landscape Mode bug fix that might resolve your issues. Also it will use bilinear filter.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-17-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #44
motomac
motomac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Main window of KCC is always on top, even when you try to choose files/folders to add. It's not very comfortable
motomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 AM   #45
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac View Post
Main window of KCC is always on top, even when you try to choose files/folders to add. It's not very comfortable
It will be fixed in 1.8 release.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools