Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 01-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Multiple Audible Accounts

I have different audible accounts other than my current one which is linked to my amazon account. On my fire tablet, I can listen to my current audible purchases however cannot access my other audible accounts. On the audible app on the fire tablet I don't see an option to sign out to login into my other audible accounts. Even when I used the web browser to access the audible cloud player I get an error when I try to access my other audible accounts. When I connect my fire tablet to my laptop my desktop audible manager doesn't recognize it to transfer my old audible files. Apparently audible doesn't make it user friendly to access separate audible accounts easily. Luckily, I can still access my old audible files on my laptop but it would be convenient to access it on my fire tablet.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What about sideloading the actual Audible Android app (the one from the Google Play store) to the device and using that instead of the Fire's integrated Audible? With that app you should be able to log in and out of various accounts. Fire's are designed to be integrated with your Amazon account for consuming Amazon content (which includes Audible) so AFAIK there is no way to work around it and access an Audible account that's not linked to an Amazon account.

EDIT: Yeah, from Audible's help area. Audible on a Fire requires a merged Audible/Amazon account...
Quote:
Note: If you are signing in to your Audible account with a unique username and password as opposed to your Amazon account, you will need to merge in order to see your Audible audiobooks on your Amazon Fire

Last edited by AnemicOak; 01-04-2018 at 11:02 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
I tried sideloading the audible app from Google Play store on my Fire tablet but not surprisingly it was unable to install. However, on my Galaxy Note 8 tablet I was able to log out of the audible app (linked to my current amazon account) and then access my other audible audiobooks from a different account.

As far as merging accounts I'm a little nervous about doing something wrong and then losing access to all of my digital content.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:57 AM   #4
Maslerh
Maslerh began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Thanks for your info
Maslerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:30 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I tried sideloading the audible app from Google Play store on my Fire tablet but not surprisingly it was unable to install.
It's annoying that the Android Audible app can't be sideloaded to Fire tablets, as it's so much better than the native player. I don't see why Amazon can't get the native player right on Fires.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It's annoying that the Android Audible app can't be sideloaded to Fire tablets, as it's so much better than the native player. I don't see why Amazon can't get the native player right on Fires.
I suspect because they are really pushing whispersync, or whatever they call it. Syncing the words in the ebook with the narration of the audiobook.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I suspect because they are really pushing whispersync, or whatever they call it. Syncing the words in the ebook with the narration of the audiobook.
I think that's what they call immersion reading. Whispersync is the ability to pick up where you left off when switching between devices and/or media.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #8
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
How many Audible accounts do you have?

If you have two Audible accounts, one option is to connect them to each other with Amazon Household. https://www.amazon.com/myh/manage?

Once you set up your accounts to be part of the same "household", you can go into "Manage Your Content and Devices", then "Your Devices" and set each device to "Show [other account]'s content". https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.ht...home/devices/1

I have confirmed that immersion reading or Whispersync for Voice will work if you have an ebook on one account and the corresponding audiobook on the other, and have content from both accounts shared through the same Household.

Last edited by chyron8472; 03-12-2018 at 11:38 PM.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:29 AM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I tried sideloading the audible app from Google Play store on my Fire tablet but not surprisingly it was unable to install. However, on my Galaxy Note 8 tablet I was able to log out of the audible app (linked to my current amazon account) and then access my other audible audiobooks from a different account.

As far as merging accounts I'm a little nervous about doing something wrong and then losing access to all of my digital content.
You have to listen to the audiobooks from your other accounts on any device using the app, where you can log in and out of your multiple Audible accounts, not Fires. I went through all this a few years ago when I bought my first Fire as I have four accounts in total.

As for merging, you can only link one audible account to your Amazon account and Audible won't merge multiple Audible accounts into one account.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:35 AM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
For listening a home I use an Echo. The nice thing about that is I can log into a username audible account on my android tablet/phone and then link my Echo through Bluetooth to my tablet/phone. Then I can play the audiobook through the Echo and control it via voice, like any Amazon linked account audiobook. You just have to start the audiobook on the android tablet first.

For out and about I use the audible app on my phone so I switch accounts as I need to for the audible account I want.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #11
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I've had an audible account since Jan, 2006. I have one of the grandfathered basic accounts, which means I only pay $10 a year, but don't get any credits. Back in 2012, I opened up a gold account for my niece and nephew to share. They used it a fair amount at the beginning, but not so much over the last couple of years. Now it has 18 credits built up. I definitely need to shut it down before it renews in December.

Unfortunately, one can't transfer credits from one account to another according to the service rep just now. So I guess that since you are suppose to still have access to the books even if you cancel the account, I'll need to go ahead an use those credits up myself.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote