Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
UncleIvor
Enthusiast
UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kobo readers, Sony readers from the past.
Kobo Aura One and wifi.

I have a Kobo Aura One, and I connect it to my router so that it is connected to the Internet. However,when I look in the Network section of Windows Explorer (Windows 10), there is nothing there. I have tried various attempts to connect to it, but have failed.

Can anyone give any advice or shine any light on the subject?

Many thanks.
UncleIvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleIvor View Post
I have a Kobo Aura One, and I connect it to my router so that it is connected to the Internet. However,when I look in the Network section of Windows Explorer (Windows 10), there is nothing there. I have tried various attempts to connect to it, but have failed.

Can anyone give any advice or shine any light on the subject?

Many thanks.
As far as I know, the Aura One would not show in the Network section of Windows Explorer as Samba is not installed in the Kobo Linux implementation. This is similar to the way a Windows computer with File and Printer Sharing disabled will not show up.

In the Kobo Developer's Corner sub-forum, you can find discussions on implementing Samba to connect your Kobo to a SMB/CIFS network (use the search function). I played with it with an older firmware version and did not find it all that useful. Due to changes in the kernel (see armel vs. armhf), it will need some work to be usable with the latest firmware.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
UncleIvor
Enthusiast
UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UncleIvor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kobo readers, Sony readers from the past.
Thanks very much for your reply. I think I can live without the Wi-Fi connection.

Normally I leave it off to conserve the battery, and side load books via the USB connection (although that has been flaky recently).
UncleIvor is offline   Reply With Quote