Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #46
skemsley
skemsley began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Sunday morning in Toronto and the update worked on the first try. Either they've improved the bandwidth on their end, or I just hit it at a slow time.
skemsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #47
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
A server configuration error perhaps? Or maybe a bug in the Vox software that downloads the updates?

It's also worth noting that Kobo just put out an update for their Touch as well. Between that and International in one go, it is probable that their servers are being hammered.
Who knows. But again I very much doubt the server load is a problem. This weekend the updates have been coming down up to the 40% extremely fast. Then it fails within a second.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #48
gottabekd
gottabekd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox; Kobo e-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
Who knows. But again I very much doubt the server load is a problem. This weekend the updates have been coming down up to the 40% extremely fast. Then it fails within a second.
Has noone gotten a straight answer from Kobo about this yet? I have tried so many times to download the update, and their support "help" was a joke (it's not my wireless connection, I had it upgraded last week and the signal is extremely strong).
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #49
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I had severe issues with the first update and my Vox sat unusable for many weeks due to that update. Thankfully this update was much kinder and fixed all of those bugs that the last update created. I am now very happy to report that after the last update my Vox is in perfect working condition. I would even say some things are working much more efficiently, the touch is much more responsive now it seems.

However, I don't believe I got this update the first little while it was out. It seemed to download and install much faster than the last one.
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote