Old 08-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
Ispanderion
Ispanderion began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360 plus
Question Question about saving books to disk

Hello from russian user!
Now i use this to saving my books:
Code:
Books/{tags:re([\.],/)||}/{authors}/{series:subitems(0,1)||/}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{series:subitems(1,10)| | - }{title}
But i want to create folder "Author name" if it contains more than 1 book and same to folder "series name" (more than 1 book in series), if not, the book is saved in the folder with the name of the tag.

For example:
1. Books\fantastic\humorous fiction\Terry Pratchett\Discworld\(>1 books)
2. Books\fantastic\humorous fiction\(book title)

So, the question is how can i do this?
Ispanderion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:34 PM   #2
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Read This
in Save Templates
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=100949

Last edited by yonkyunior; 08-25-2018 at 07:52 AM.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2018, 02:14 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
yonkyunior - the link you posted recurses Ψ²

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:04 AM   #4
Ispanderion

Сould you please give me a link again?
Old 08-24-2018, 05:12 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Ipsanderion - maybe it was a link to the calibre user manual - such as this one -->> The calibre template language

Or maybe one of the stickies at the top of this sub-forum.

BR
Advert
Old 08-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #6
Ispanderion

@BetterRed, i read this, but I have some problems understanding this information and templates.

Can I do this at all?
Old 08-24-2018, 06:57 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispanderion View Post
@BetterRed, i read this, but I have some problems understanding this information and templates.

Can I do this at all?
Don't know, I'm not an expert at templates, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't, I'll give one of them a nudge.

But, if you omit the author when there is only one book what will happen when you get a second book by that author. If you're saving in same root location as a previous save, won't the first book be in two places?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-24-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:20 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If I am understanding the question correctly you are asking for a template that will create a folder for an author if more than one book written by that author is in your library. The template language cannot do that. It can look at the metadata for the current book. It cannot make queries about other books in your library.

You might be able to solve your problem with the Author_Book_Count plugin. I don't use this plugin so what I write is supposition based on the documentation. The plugin can populate a custom integer column with the number of books in the library by the author (or one of the authors) of the current book. You would use that value in the template to decide if you want the author added.

One possible problem with ABC: if a book has multiple authors the it seems that the one used to populate the column could be any one of them. You might be able to get around that with the Author Book Count Hierarchy plugin, which I also do not use. If I understand the documentation correctly you would slice off the first author, extract the count, then test if that count is > 1. The template language can do this but I suspect it will be hard unless you use template General Program Mode.

Note: I am not interested in trying to provide example templates using the above suggestions. I don't want to install the plugins.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
Ispanderion

Thank you very much I'll try to think of something