Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-19-2022, 08:08 PM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Pocketbook ERA NEW Update : v6.7.934

Version : U700.6.7.934
Description : Fixed several minor bugs.

On the Pocketbook server, I came across a new update for the Pocketbook ERA device.
I ask the owners of this device to share any changes and fixes.

All comments and observations after installing this new update are welcome !!!

Thank you

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-19-2022 at 09:31 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:50 AM   #2
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
I prefer to install an update only when it is on their support page (this one is not there).
It's good to know they are working on a better firmware, there's room for improvement.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2022, 02:35 AM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
I prefer to install an update only when it is on their support page (this one is not there).
It's good to know they are working on a better firmware, there's room for improvement.
You are right and I understand you.

Therefore, I will no longer post here any future found updates available on Pocketbook servers other than the official updates available on the PB site

By the way, most users will have the same opinion as you, so I think posting these updates is completely pointless.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-21-2022 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:25 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
You are right and I understand you.

Therefore, I will no longer post here any future found updates available on Pocketbook servers other than the official updates available on the PB site

By the way, most users will have the same opinion as you, so I think posting these updates is completely pointless.
Why not leave it up to the users if they want to install firmware from the PB servers or not?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 03:29 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I kind of like knowing about the upcoming updates, even if I don't always download them right away. It's particularly useful when there's an issue in the current firmware (like we had with Overdrive) and the (as yet) unpublished update becomes available. On my HD 3 I used the "fix" (unpublished) version several months before finally going back to "standard" download a couple months ago when the latest update appeared.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2022, 08:48 AM   #6
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I kind of like knowing about the upcoming updates, even if I don't always download them right away. It's particularly useful when there's an issue in the current firmware (like we had with Overdrive) and the (as yet) unpublished update becomes available. On my HD 3 I used the "fix" (unpublished) version several months before finally going back to "standard" download a couple months ago when the latest update appeared.
- This is exactly why I wanted to publish the UPDATE I found, as they can eliminate some problems before the official release. In any case, thank you for your support

- Unfortunately, no new updates have been released for the "Touch HD 3" model. But if I find any, I'll let you know right away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW UPDATE FIND : V6.7.947

Pocketbook ERA V6.7.947

DOWNLOAD : https://download.pocketbook-int.com/...7.947_user.zip

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-22-2022 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:06 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
- This is exactly why I wanted to publish the UPDATE I found, as they can eliminate some problems before the official release. In any case, thank you for your support

- Unfortunately, no new updates have been released for the "Touch HD 3" model. But if I find any, I'll let you know right away.
So far the only real issue I've had with the HD 3 was the Overdrive problem. I've been happy with Pocketbook otherwise. I don't usually just automatically upgrade. I upgrade when there's something that needs fixed or a new feature I want to try out.

The "unofficial" firmware for the HD 3 fixed the Overdrive issue a few weeks before the official release, so I was grateful for that.

Thanks. for posting these.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote