Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #31
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Ah--the problem isn't what I thought it was.

But I was able to figure it out; so thanks for posting these samples.

New version is up with a fix. It had to do with %20 escapes of spaces in file names in the content metadata file.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #32
cczichray
cczichray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Ah--the problem isn't what I thought it was.

But I was able to figure it out; so thanks for posting these samples.

New version is up with a fix. It had to do with %20 escapes of spaces in file names in the content metadata file.
JimmXinu: Thanks so much! The merged file looks great!
cczichray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those who were looking for the opposite, EpubSplit is now available for beta testing.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #34
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Now that is a very cool plugin - great for making anthologies or pasting together a daily newspaper from different sources. Thanks.

Andrew
I have to agree. I just found this plugin tonight and am trying it out. I remember asking if something like this was possible or not (through Sigil I think) a few yrs back. Nice to see programming has caught up with the idea in this Calibre plugin.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #35
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Thanks, glad you like it.
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #36
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've found it very useful already. I have some PDF's that are by the same author and have found that by converting them into epub (via Calibre) I can then stitch them together into collections using the plug in. Then I just have to convert the new epub into a mobipocket/kindle ebook to read it on my Kindle 3.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #37
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.2.0 - 27 Jul 2012
Options now stored inside the Library rather than an external JSON file.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #38
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Exclamation KeyError: u'custom_cols'

Hi there,

I am using version 1.2.0 and am having trouble merging downloaded epubs from these fics:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7385951/...attered_Dreams
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8369929/...attered_Dreams

This error message appears:
Quote:
Error message:
calibre, version 0.8.62
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'custom_cols'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 82, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 91, in do_when_finished
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 208, in _start_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.config", line 84, in __getitem__
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\config.py", line 359, in __getitem__
KeyError: u'custom_cols'
A new anthology listing appears in Calibre after exiting the error message, but it does not contain anything.

I have also overwritten the downloaded epubs and tried merging again, but the same error appears.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by BaconButty; 07-29-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: smelling pistake
BaconButty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #39
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.2.1 - 28 Jul 2012
Allow for old JSON settings with only partial settings.

@BaconButty - I've released a new version that should address your issue. Please confirm that it works for you--assuming that it does.

(It's a corner case condition where you have an older set of saved configuration for the plugin that's not complete.)

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #40
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Version 1.2.1 - 28 Jul 2012
@BaconButty - I've released a new version that should address your issue. Please confirm that it works for you--assuming that it does.
Updated to version 1.2.1 - it worked!!

Thank you.
BaconButty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #41
Steven630
Groupie
Steven630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite2
Is there a similar tool for mobi ebooks?
Steven630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #42
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Not that I know of. Mobi format is much more difficult to work with due to it's proprietary nature.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
ePub is just so much easier to deal with in most cases. Mobipocket is not all that easy to deal with.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #44
Steven630
Groupie
Steven630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite2
Thank you both.

I thought it would be similar. Too bad, I'm looking for a tool to merge news fetched by different Calibre recipes for my Kindle.
Steven630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #45
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

You could fetch news in epub, merge, then convert to mobi. Calibre will automatically convert to mobi when writing books to Kindle.

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs