Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 09:20 PM   #196
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ForceStatusBar example

App for enforcing status bar in attachment.
If there is any problem with this apk please contact me and I will reupload fixed version.
Installer can ask about enabling Unknown Sources which is required.
I may later publish this on Google Play if there will be request from more people.
Rest my apps for Boyue in raw version:
* IOBooster (On my device I achieved twice faster dictionary browsing)
* Refresh Screen on status bar touch.
* Dictionary Icon on status bar (which opens dictionary in portable window).
* Audiobook player icons on status bar (backward, pause, forward, bookmark) for controlling audiobook without displaying any window.
* Automatic Text To Speech for dictionary.
* APP for Controling frontlight and temperature (I can make adaptive light too)
* Automamtic Wifi enabler and disabler on selected apps (when app starting and closing).
* QuickBookmarks for Chrome
* Menu key shortcut in notifications.
* Plex Controller (more functions than native plex client like small steps backward and forward)
* forcestatus bar for all apps (cpu & battery friendly).
I fixed (not mine) apps: Os Monitor and ChallengerViewer which now working properly on Mars.
I don't have time to publish everything together but maybe later one after one.

Update:
v1.0.1 - stability improvements
Attached Files
File Type: zip ForceStatusBar_example_v1_0_1.zip (34.0 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by DarkCookie; 10-17-2018 at 06:11 AM.
DarkCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:06 AM   #197
romevi
Enthusiast
romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
For anyone looking for a solution to automatically turning WiFi on, Tasker so far is working really well.

Now, I am trying to find a good launcher to use. I do not want to use Relaunch (I don't see the point of having a file manager for a launcher). I am currently using E-Ink Launcher, which is nice and simple, but I'm interested in trying out the Onyx Boox launcher. I Can't seem to find an APK anywhere. Would anyone know where I can download it?
Link to the second launcher you're using?

Also, what do you all use for icon packs that are similar to Boyue's stock app icons?
romevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #198
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by romevi View Post
Link to the second launcher you're using?

Also, what do you all use for icon packs that are similar to Boyue's stock app icons?
E-Ink Launcher: https://www.coolapk.com/apk/cn.modificator.launcher
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #199
romevi
Enthusiast
romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
Is it just a file manager?

Never mind. Figured it out.
romevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #200
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT RP1, Remarkable
For those who're desperately waiting for the google play update, maybe you can install yalp store. It's basically a lightweight play store which can be easily installed on almost any device.
JS_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #201
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_F View Post
For those who're desperately waiting for the google play update, maybe you can install yalp store. It's basically a lightweight play store which can be easily installed on almost any device.
I didn’t know about yalp store. Thanks. It will update all the apps I have installed on my Likebook Mars. That’s all the Play Store I really need - and without the extra battery drain of the extra google apps.

downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #202
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
Has anybody tried listening to the audio ? I tried via headphones and the 3.5mm jack and the quality was awful. This was using the built in music player and also Youtube in Chrome.

Today I tried a pair of bluetooth headphones and it paired fine and told me it was using the audio profile but no sound came out of them despite turning up the volume.

I guess, I'll just play music from my phone but then I kind of wonder why they bothered to put a 3.5mm jack on it.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #203
Sylph
Sylph began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_F View Post
Quote:
Q: Is it legal to use Yalp Store with my own Google account?

A: No. Yalp Store violates §3.3 of Google Play Terms of Service. Your account might be disabled, robbing you of any apps you have purchased.
Source: https://github.com/yeriomin/YalpStore

Quote:
3.3 You agree not to access (or attempt to access) Google Play by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Google, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Google. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) Google Play through any automated means (including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on the Google Play website.
Source: https://www.google.com/mobile/android/market-tos.html

A shame, but it did sound too good to be true. Sadly the only evidence the developers offer against this happening is essentially: (we think) nothing bad has happened to users of this yet (because we haven't heard otherwise).

Last edited by Sylph; 10-18-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #204
Sylph
Sylph began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
App for enforcing status bar in attachment.
If there is any problem with this apk please contact me and I will reupload fixed version.
Installer can ask about enabling Unknown Sources which is required.
I may later publish this on Google Play if there will be request from more people.
Rest my apps for Boyue in raw version:
* IOBooster (On my device I achieved twice faster dictionary browsing)
* Refresh Screen on status bar touch.
* Dictionary Icon on status bar (which opens dictionary in portable window).
* Audiobook player icons on status bar (backward, pause, forward, bookmark) for controlling audiobook without displaying any window.
* Automatic Text To Speech for dictionary.
* APP for Controling frontlight and temperature (I can make adaptive light too)
* Automamtic Wifi enabler and disabler on selected apps (when app starting and closing).
* QuickBookmarks for Chrome
* Menu key shortcut in notifications.
* Plex Controller (more functions than native plex client like small steps backward and forward)
* forcestatus bar for all apps (cpu & battery friendly).
I fixed (not mine) apps: Os Monitor and ChallengerViewer which now working properly on Mars.
I don't have time to publish everything together but maybe later one after one.

Update:
v1.0.1 - stability improvements
Thanks for uploading that! I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd also be interested in seeing the others, especially: refresh screen on status bar touch, app for controlling frontlight, automatic wifi enable/disable.
Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:56 AM   #205
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
Source: https://github.com/yeriomin/YalpStore

Source: https://www.google.com/mobile/android/market-tos.html

A shame, but it did sound too good to be true. Sadly the only evidence the developers offer against this happening is essentially: (we think) nothing bad has happened to users of this yet (because we haven't heard otherwise).
Figures. It’s perfect for e-ink. Fast and the fraction of the size too.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:27 AM   #206
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
New update! 1.0.3-2018101818. Auto-refresh on third party apps fixed. A new "app store" added besides Play Store. Those are the main changes I have seen.
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #207
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
New update! 1.0.3-2018101818. Auto-refresh on third party apps fixed. A new "app store" added besides Play Store. Those are the main changes I have seen.
I can confirm that refresh in MR is working!
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #208
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
I got update BYRead-V1.0.3-2018101819 last night. BySettings was renamed UserSettings, Settings was renamed Android Setings, and a new App Store appeared. I found Google Play Store in this app store and installed it, but it would not run. I then checked the gear icon in the Apps Settings and found the "Enable Google Framework" option. I turned this option on, but Google Play Store still does not work. When I tap the icon, it does not run. Is there anything else I can do to get Google to work? I have an early model that did not get Google Play earlier.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #209
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
I got update BYRead-V1.0.3-2018101819 last night. BySettings was renamed UserSettings, Settings was renamed Android Setings, and a new App Store appeared. I found Google Play Store in this app store and installed it, but it would not run. I then checked the gear icon in the Apps Settings and found the "Enable Google Framework" option. I turned this option on, but Google Play Store still does not work. When I tap the icon, it does not run. Is there anything else I can do to get Google to work? I have an early model that did not get Google Play earlier.
Did you reboot after these actions ?
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #210
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw409 View Post
Has anybody tried listening to the audio ? I tried via headphones and the 3.5mm jack and the quality was awful. This was using the built in music player and also Youtube in Chrome.
I have been listening to Spotify with my 3.5 mm earphones, and it sounds just fine. I also listened to Hearts of Space via hos.com on Sunday night with FlashFox, and it also sounded fine.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote