Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
wattsmart
wattsmart began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Possible to auto-send specific news feeds to different e-mail address using Calibre?

I am looking for a way to send two different news feeds (say NYT and WSJ) to two separate kindle accounts (ie. abc@kindle.com , 123@kindle.com).

In this example I want NYT to go to abc@kindle.com and WSJ to auto send to 123@kindle.com.

Is there a way to do this with Calibre yet?

Thanks!
wattsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
no, there isn't
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
mean_gene
Enthusiast
mean_gene began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/Wifi
You can do it through the command line; I use a few batch files on windows and launch them with the task scheduler; here's the command to send the file

Quote:
calibre-smtp -r smtp.gmail.com --port 587 -u username@gmail.com -p password -a filename.mobi username@gmail.com username@free.kindle.com ""
I use a few commands for pulling different feeds and then a few more commands for sending them. The only problem I have is that the Calibre commands won't allow anything else to run after them when in a batch file (not sure why).

I'll post my entire work around after I eat some lunch.
mean_gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
mean_gene
Enthusiast

Ok, here's the tutorial I put together; hope it helps.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...51#post1296551
Old 12-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
wattsmart

Thanks mean_gene for your method using the windows task scheduler! It's not the most user friendly option but certianly worth looking into!

Kvoid, is there any chance that this "feature" will be added to the gui any time in the near future? If not yet...is there a place I can submit a request to add it?

Thanks again!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
mean_gene
Enthusiast

After my last post I was thinking about coding something together...gotta finish my current project first though.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
wattsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean_gene View Post
After my last post I was thinking about coding something together...gotta finish my current project first though.
Thanks, that would be great! Let me know when/if you do it...
Old 12-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not a feature I personally care about, but I will be happy to accept a patch implementing it.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #9
mean_gene
Enthusiast

Quote:
I will be happy to accept a patch implementing it
Is the source code available for the command line tools?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

the source code is available for *all* of calibre
Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
poldem
poldem began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks mean_gene !

This was exactly what I was looking for !

now only how to do it in one single batch ...
poldem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
TacomaReader
TacomaReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g keyboard
Possible to auto-send specific news feeds to different e-mail address using Calibre?

I would like to plead for this feature. I have one computer that runs 24/7, and 3 Kindles in the family. Each family member, understandably, wants to have different daily news feeds. It would be great if one could select which news feed goes to which @free.kindle.com email address(es), without having to run Calibre on 3 separate computers (which I cannot do), and without each person receiving loads of unwanted newsfeeds daily. Thank you!
TacomaReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
Melvynb
Melvynb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
First off a BIG THANK YOU to Kovid Goyle and the other developers who have created a stunning application which has completely revamped the way in which me and my family use our Kindle's. I would like to add a +1 to the above request as this is a situation our family has - I will look into the cmd line way which looks to at least address the issue of everyone receiving each others news... But a system to tick which individual emails to send individual scheduled news from within the Calibre GUI would indeed be fantastic!

Keep up the good work guys!

Melvynb
Melvynb is offline   Reply With Quote