Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #61
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Is the card autoexec function run when you insert the sd card ?
No. Well, kind of. The firmware update makes sure that any media with autorun.js file in its root folder gets that autorun.js run when it is first available. With internal memory, it means right after the boot. With SD/MS it presumably means when it is inserted, though I haven't tried it.

Quote:
So does it means that autoexec is in the card and the main mod of the firmware is the books by folder ?
Almost everything is on the card (or internal memory). Pretty much the only firmware modification is the ability to run an autorun.js file.

Quote:
Is it possible to combine this firmware with the foreignt language support for menus Spanish, German, French, ???
Yes. If you look at one of the earlier pages of this thread, I posted a guide on how to combine PRS Customizer (which supports languages) and this hack.

Quote:
I didn´t try this yet but I imagine that the main problem would be to traslate the new option "books by folder", at least should not be a problem to make it work with this choice in english
Exactly.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #62
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Kartu, I sent you a private message. Please look at it if you would be so kind. Thanks.
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #63
dreamers
dreamers began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch, iPad, iPhone
i have removed the .noscan and then let the card get scanned. but when i go to read the book in the books in the books by folder menu it asks me to copy to the IM.

however if i go to books by title or books by author i can read it from there.

*got the books by folder to work now. i just used collection manager to create a collection and let it scan. then voila. i was able to read the books from the books by folders list.

Last edited by dreamers; 12-12-2009 at 06:35 PM.
dreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #64
drwowe
Enthusiast
drwowe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
dreamers

At the moment you either disable scan, or can open files from the card, but not both.

drwowe

Uhm, the problem is, card will be scanned before you'll get into advanced settings.
I know, but what I had in mind is you insert the card, wait 5 minutes for it to scan the first time, but then you can toggle the .noscan file so you don't have to wait in the future when you swap cards again. If I have to wait one time to get to the advanced settings, well I can live with that.
drwowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:10 AM   #65
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
fortunados
Actually "Books by Folder" was my only goal, when I've started developing it, but it ended up as a bit bigger project.

Localization is planned, though it probably won't be using built in code as in French firmware.

drwowe
I see.

Pepak
autorun.js is currently run only from internal memory's root.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #66
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
surquizu
Depends on the game actually, but rather easy. You have 2 options

1) examine the sources, namely sudoku.js and corresponding folder content and suggest your own patch to add the mentioned games
2) paste links to the games and I'll integrate them myself (can't promise that it will be today or tomorrow, but rather sooner than later)
thanks, I made it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	41161  
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #67
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice. I can add you to developer list, so that you could commit the code yourself, if you want. (you'd need google account)
Old 12-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #68
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Well, it's taken a while to get round to it, but I've done it. Very pleased with the results too. Excellent job.

Pepak's combination method worked well,

regards
H
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #69
kartu
PRS+ author

Guys, I need your feedback regarding which featured do you miss most (besides fonts) in my firmware.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #70
pepak
Guru

I am really interested in forcing the reader to use contents of the cache without matching the cache against local filesystem. I tried to get it to work this afternoon, but with a very limited success (that is, I got the functionality once but I don't know why it worked and couldn't repeat it anyway).
Old 12-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #71
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Guys, I need your feedback regarding which featured do you miss most (besides fonts) in my firmware.
-select different fonts
-the utility getscreenjpg

is possible a specific icon for "games & utilities"?

Last edited by surquizu; 12-13-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #72
kartu
PRS+ author

Accessible Fonts folder in internal memory is doable. Screenshots is easy.

Quote:
is possible a specific icon for "audio & images"?
Yes.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #73
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Accessible Fonts folder in internal memory is doable. Screenshots is easy.

Yes.
sorry, is possible a specific icon for "games & utilities"?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #74
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Excuse me for not being all too helpful here, but at least let me express my deep appreciation for all your work. I really love to tinker around with stuff too, but in this case, my knowledge only comes so far.
I really am looking forward to the first beta or release.

Have a great week!
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #75
kartu
PRS+ author

surquizu
Quote:
sorry, is possible a specific icon for "games & utilities"?
Yes. It's actually already in repository. (a dice icon)

PS
Thanks for the warm words, Mike.

PPS
This "multiquote" forum feature doesn't seem to support opera...