Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
MTWB
MTWB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Talking Hello I'm a legal Alien...

No not an Englishman in New York, but an Englishman in Bangkok...

I have been reading the forums for a while and just recently signed up - got a bit sick of being goaded to write a post and thought that I might get to the content with less scrolling if I did as I was asked and introduced myself...

Lots of good information on this forum, great stuff! THANKS

I am waiting for my Sony Reader to arrive in the post at the moment since no ebook readers are available to buy directly yet in Thailand although, I believe the Sony is coming soon, but not soon enough...

OK 'nough waffle...

Thanks for all the help you've given already

One more comment... why is that the Sony Reader and the Kindle don't offer worldwide warranty?! Moan!! - bit of a stupid oversight for something that appeals especially to travellers, or was it since I bought one anyway?

Last edited by MTWB; 02-20-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling mistake, don't want to look like a fool
MTWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead MTWB. We're glad that you're here.

Since you've already looked around the place, I'll skip the five cent tour other than to point out our newest forum for writers. Even if you don't write it should be an enjoyable place to drop by and read about new works in process or to critique some writing.

I hope you enjoy your future Sony as much as I have enjoyed mine over the past (almost) two and one-half years. I still have the original US issue PRS-500. What are you getting, the 505 or the new 700?

If you want to convert your own books or grab magizines/news feeds youy can start working with Calibre. It is a great piece of software and has an active support group (including the designer) in the the MobileRead forums.

As for the Sony warranty, they only seem to honor it in the country thay sold the unit. They only seem to sell the unit in countries where they can offer new titles for sale. Remember, their business model generates revenue on the sale of the unit plus sale of books formatted to read on the unit.

A bunch of us also get books at Fictionwise including subscriptions to magazines like Analog. By the way, Fictionwise uses Calibre to produce all of their Sony formatted books.

Tell us more when you get you Sony.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi MTWB and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like your Sony when it arrives.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote