Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 01:15 PM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
There hasn't been a significant change since the Voyage released nearly four years ago.
I wonder why no love for the Voyage from Amazon? If I were to buy a Kindle, that is the model that most appeals to me.

I agree that e-reader technology hasn't advanced in a while, though for what they do not many advances are needed. But the Voyage could be upgraded with features. Waterproofing for one. Or color-changing frontlight. (Or both!)

I'm not in the market for a Kindle at any rate, but having a model between the Paperwhite and the Oasis does seem to make sense, though maybe it doesn't make sense to Amazon's bean counters.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:35 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I wonder why no love for the Voyage from Amazon? If I were to buy a Kindle, that is the model that most appeals to me.

I agree that e-reader technology hasn't advanced in a while, though for what they do not many advances are needed. But the Voyage could be upgraded with features. Waterproofing for one. Or color-changing frontlight. (Or both!)

I'm not in the market for a Kindle at any rate, but having a model between the Paperwhite and the Oasis does seem to make sense, though maybe it doesn't make sense to Amazon's bean counters.
Current Voyage model seems too expensive for what you get. Compared to the $120 Paperwhite 3 (and frequently on sale for $90-100), kinda hard to justify the Voyage for $80-100 more.

A (6" lightweight) water resistant model at $200 would certainly interest me, though.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:07 PM   #18
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K Keyboard, HDX, KBasic 4, 5, 7 & 8, Nook ST, Glo, HD+, Echos
There were rumors that a new Basic was likely to be introduced. This was based on the fact that it was suddenly not in the lineup. That was just temporary, however. They've made some super software updates on Basic 7 & 8 earlier this year (fonts, bolding & time), so can't see any point for a new one.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote