Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 07:23 PM   #136
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage Oasis 2 Kindle Paperwhite Many Fires
Good morning all I just spent an hour looking for Dejavu Serif Eink on the web because I believe you Dr. Jones, that it is a good font that I would like. Is there any chance that those of you who know a good font and know what to look for in a font, could help out us less knowledgeable folks and give us the link to where the font can be dl? I found lots of Dejavu Serif fonts for free, but none that said eink. Looking at the samples, this looks like a great font, and I would like to have it on my oasis, but I can't find it anywhere. It would be so simple to include a link, if you know where you got it, or even include the file, they are usually pretty small. Not sure if that is allowed or not. The other font that sounds really nice is the charink one. Same problem. Not found anywhere. Thanks for your advice and help in advance.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:30 PM   #137
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3 BasicK/Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
Good morning all I just spent an hour looking for Dejavu Serif Eink on the web because I believe you Dr. Jones, that it is a good font that I would like. Is there any chance that those of you who know a good font and know what to look for in a font, could help out us less knowledgeable folks and give us the link to where the font can be dl? I found lots of Dejavu Serif fonts for free, but none that said eink. Looking at the samples, this looks like a great font, and I would like to have it on my oasis, but I can't find it anywhere. It would be so simple to include a link, if you know where you got it, or even include the file, they are usually pretty small. Not sure if that is allowed or not. The other font that sounds really nice is the charink one. Same problem. Not found anywhere. Thanks for your advice and help in advance.
This was posted a couple of pages back and that is the one I downloaded. Now I forgot to put down the name of the kind person.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ghlight=dejavu

Its in the first post of the thread.

Here are some more. I like Constantia and libertine also. Go to post #18
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...stantia&page=2

and here is the chareink. I use the no weight one so I can use my own bold slider on the books.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...84&postcount=1

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Atunah; Today at 07:36 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:21 PM   #138
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage Oasis 2 Kindle Paperwhite Many Fires
Yes it helps a lot thank you very much. I looked back through the pages for the dejavu and didn't see it. I found the charink but both the non weighted and the regular had the same name. So I have to choose which one to load onto my oasis. I looked for a program to change the font name, there were several, but none that seemed easy to work. I do appreciate all of the work that goes into helping us idiots out, I really do, and thank you for recommending the fonts and adjusting the fonts and all that. But if there are two versions of something you have made/adjusted, could you please give them two different names? I just flashed on one of my favorite movies Blazing Saddles where gene wilder is explaining to Cleavon Little why the towns people are treating him so bad. He explains that they are the salt of the earth, good people.......you know, Morons. That is most of us out here. Damn it Jim, I am a reader not a fontologist! Keep up the good work please but remember you are dealing with the little people. Mostly.

Last edited by Lordblacknail; Today at 10:31 PM.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote