Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Can I put ALL ebooks in one place on my Mac?

I have ebook files scattered all over the place and it's really confusing. I can't locate where on my MacBook Air my Amazon ebook library is.

The Kindle app on my Mac (High Sierra) says:

chipahoy/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content.

However, there are only a few ebooks listed there, and my Amazon ebook library is a few hundred files.

There are also ebook files located at:

Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content/

and

Library/Containers/com.amazon.Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content

Then, I have my Calibre library. Can I have them all in one place, like where my Calibre library is? What is the best way to designate where they should go, and will it be recognized by Amazon?

Thanks for any help.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
the library folder is hidden. Right clip finder in bar, select go to folder, then type in library/...

You should open the kindle app on your mac, delete all the books on the device, redownload, they should be in one folder.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #3
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

I realize the library folder is hidden. Are you saying to just delete the books via the kindle app on the Mac, or first plugging in the device to the Mac, then deleting from the device? Re-download titles to the device from which location? As I mentioned, I have ebook files in several places on my Mac.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
If you've located the several places where ebooks want to live, you could create a new folder (elsewhere, wherever you want it). Inside it, put an alias (link) to all the other locations. Thus, other apps keep their books in the default place and you've no work to do, but you can still easily find them all.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:25 AM   #5
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Kindle app will only show downloaded titles on your computer. Do you use Kindle for Mac? If so, you should see all your Amazon titles, both in the cloud and on your Mac, that you purchased via Amazon. You can download each one for a local copy in your "My Kindle Content" folder.

Kindle for Mac will not store titles purchased from non-Amazon vendors. However, you can set up Calibre to import all your "My Kindle Content" files automatically. Next, import all your other purchases to your Calibre library. It may take a little to first consolidate all your titles, but then, moving forward, everything is in one place and it is easy to import new purchases.

Calibre contains all my ebooks, regardless of where they were purchased. I then keep a backup of the Calibre library in case of computer failure.

Last edited by Bookatarian; 02-12-2018 at 05:27 AM.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:37 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The OP already uses Calibre (he's asked questions on the Calibre forum). I am, therefore, slightly puzzled by this thread!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
Then, I have my Calibre library. Can I have them all in one place, like where my Calibre library is? What is the best way to designate where they should go, and will it be recognized by Amazon?

Thanks for any help.
If you remove your Kindle books and application, then re-install and re-download, your Kindle library should end up in one location.

I'm not sure if you mean to combine your calibre and Kindle libraries in one location? Neither calibre nor the Kindle app would be happy with such an attempt.

Though I'm not quite sure what this is doing in the Kindle Fire area.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #8
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter

Thank you for replying to my post. Sounds like the easiest option, that is uninstalling and reinstalling my Kindle books and library.

Just curious as to why putting my library for Kindle and Calibre in the same directory is not a good idea ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you remove your Kindle books and application, then re-install and re-download, your Kindle library should end up in one location.

I'm not sure if you mean to combine your calibre and Kindle libraries in one location? Neither calibre nor the Kindle app would be happy with such an attempt.

Though I'm not quite sure what this is doing in the Kindle Fire area.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Because Calibre's library folder is a "black box". Don't add anything to it. Don't delete anything from it.

And why are you asking this in the Kindle Fire forum?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Again, just make a folder and POINT to both of those areas. Neither program (kindle or Calibre) wants anybody touching their files. But this way you can look at the files, and readily remember where they are.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #11
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Again, just make a folder and POINT to both of those areas. Neither program (kindle or Calibre) wants anybody touching their files. But this way you can look at the files, and readily remember where they are.

That is a great idea, thank you.

Tags
ebook library, kindle fire, mac osx