Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
impert
impert began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Bookeen Cybook Muse HD and Calibre

Hi all,
I'm attracted to the Bookeen Muse HD.
Before buying it, I need to know if I can use Calibre to transfer books to it, and manage my library via USB as I have been doing for years with my (now defunct) Kobo Touch and my Kindle.
The sales staff hadn't even heard of Calibre (!), and I couldn't find anything in the specs or on the Bookeen site about it.
I've found two posts here which seemed to conflict, one saying:

Quote:
So in the end you end up connecting the device to a computer via USB and fire up Calibre.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289389
and one by Kovid Goyal himself, saying:
Quote:
calibre cannot manage collections on this device, unless someone witht he device steps up to add that facility to the driver.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...t=bookeen+muse
But perhaps I've misunderstood the second quote. I just want to download to my computer, and then transfer to the device with Calibre, and, occasionally, to delete a book or copy it back to the computer. (Devuan GNU/Linux)
Thanks in advance.
impert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:48 AM   #2
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
It works fine with Calibre.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
impert
impert began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Thanks Rand.
Actually I got impatient and took the punt and bought one. I've been playing with it since, and decided that I like it..
The only thing is that Calibre (2.5 in my case) doesn't recognise and mount the Cybook, but that's not a problem because I can get to it through Connect/share with /media/impert/Cybook. In some ways that's better than automatically mounting it. I've put twenty or thirty books on it so far, and got rid of some of the unnecessary stuff from Bookeen, so yes, Calibre is doing everything I want.
Thanks again.
impert is offline   Reply With Quote