Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #406
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, the long-ish history and amount of devices & FW versions make this sort of thing fairly hard to future-proof .

And not wanting to potentially mess up a backport in criticial, but old & stable code is probably why I never actually "fixed" that at the root (i.e., by installing the dispatch script in the old JB).

The fact that we "fixed" that by cutting down the "factory" JB to the bare minimum and explicitly required the installation of the hotfix also limited the interest in tweaking the old code .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:02 PM   #407
ldb2742
ldb2742 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Regardless you guys are fantastic and really helped me out. It is much appreciated!
ldb2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #408
grant3
grant3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldb2742 View Post
... but the original post should probably just have a quick update ...
I'd love to update the original post, but the forum moderators decided to ban the account so...

If you're so inclined, message the mods and ask them 'wtf, mate'. (I did - they ignored me)

In between both Amazon + forum moderators both working to stifle kindle hacking, I'm going to simply get a nook as my next device.
grant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #409
sirius7
sirius7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hello. Please can you give me some advice? I made a serial jailbreak on PW3 with 5.10.1.1 firmware and at the bottom of the screen was label JAILBREAK in the end, and i want now to install KUAl. I've read that azw2 file doesn't work on 5.9.x and older and i need to install it by mrpi installer. So i copied extensions folder (with an MRInstaller subfolder) and an mrpackages folder at the USB root, and put Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.14_install.bin to the mrpackages folder, and made on the home screen in search bar ;log mrpi. But thats the problem, nothing happened, so may be my jailbreak is't ok or may be something have changed in KUAL or mrpi installation process? Thanks.
sirius7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #410
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Did you install the hotfix?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3004892
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #411
sirius7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
I installed kindle-jailbreak-1.15.N-r15581.tar.xz and as i understood thats no need to install hotfix.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #412
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius7 View Post
I installed kindle-jailbreak-1.15.N-r15581.tar.xz and as i understood thats no need to install hotfix.
So install the hotfix, even if you think you already have.
It can't do any harm to install it twice.

You do know that the ".tar.xz" is just transport packaging, and that the Kindle can do nothing with it, YOU have to extract the contents for the Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #413
sirius7

Thank you guys, hotfix made everything work.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #414
klember
klember began at the beginning.

Device: pw2
Hi guys
i'm new here
simple case - pw 2 and 5.10.2 - will "over com port" jb do the job ?

(downgrade looks no possible ...)
klember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #415
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by klember View Post
Hi guys
i'm new here
simple case - pw 2 and 5.10.2 - will "over com port" jb do the job ?
Yes, on the PW2 the current firmware version is irrelevant for serial port jailbreak.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #416
klember

cool - then need just low voltage converter :P
Old 12-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #417
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Yes, on the PW2 the current firmware version is irrelevant for serial port jailbreak.
I thought 5.10.x had a new partition layout and Android-based fastboot? Would the old flashing instructions still work?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:47 PM   #418
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I thought 5.10.x had a new partition layout and Android-based fastboot? Would the old flashing instructions still work?
I thought the new layout was only on newer kindles. I don't have higher than 5.9.x on anything, so I haven't been paying enough attention to 5.10.x

Sorry.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:35 AM   #419
sirius7

i made Jb on my PW3 with 5.10.1.1 so yes this instructions work, but on some point it's need to use screen instead of terminal.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:17 AM   #420
klember

so ...will work with PW2 & 5.10.2 or not ?

Tags
serial jailbreak