Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #616
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Wow that's really beautiful cover art on it!
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #617
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
My case arrived today and I love it! So much nicer than I even expected. It's a really well made case. Very sturdy hard shell and the colors are so bright and pretty. The magnet is really strong and it is indeed a sleepcover. A couple of pics.
On my H2O case, the magnet is really strong. It doesn't trigger sleep mode when it's folded back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:29 PM   #618
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
On my H2O case, the magnet is really strong. It doesn't trigger sleep mode when it's folded back.
Same with mine! I'm so glad I picked this one up, it's a perfect case for the H2O.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:00 PM   #619
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought via Amazon because I knew if I didn't like it, I could return it. I returned a Gecko case because the magnets were not aligned properly and it would not properly close.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:45 PM   #620
Maverynthia
Enthusiast
Maverynthia began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 3 8.0 /Samsung Galaxy S5 / PC
Quote:
I'm confused now. They don't state in the description, but I asked on Amazon and they said it was a sleepcover too. Hmm.

Terisa de morgan - maybe you got a bad one and it's not lining up right?
I'm going to jump in because I also have the exact cover for my H2O and it seems the "sleep" feature is hit and miss. Sometimes it will turn off when closed, sometimes it won't. However I have had no problems with it "waking up" my Kobo from sleep. I guess it's a "nap" cover XD

Either way it was better than the Mulbess folding cover I had that would sleep it when you folded the cover back, and that also didn't fit quite right so part of the screen was covered.
Maverynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #621
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverynthia View Post
I'm going to jump in because I also have the exact cover for my H2O and it seems the "sleep" feature is hit and miss. Sometimes it will turn off when closed, sometimes it won't. However I have had no problems with it "waking up" my Kobo from sleep. I guess it's a "nap" cover XD

Either way it was better than the Mulbess folding cover I had that would sleep it when you folded the cover back, and that also didn't fit quite right so part of the screen was covered.
LOL at nap cover. That's a shame though. I have had no issues with mine so far. If you just got it maybe you could exchange it?
Old 09-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #622
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Just got mine! And, yes, the sleep/awake function works flawlessly.
So far, I have no sleep issues with this cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DontTouch_1.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	152026   Click image for larger version

Name:	DontTouch_2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	152027  
WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:57 PM   #623
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Very nice, Wolfback!
Old 09-30-2016, 08:36 PM   #624
Maverynthia
Enthusiast
Maverynthia began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 3 8.0 /Samsung Galaxy S5 / PC
Quote:
LOL at nap cover. That's a shame though. I have had no issues with mine so far. If you just got it maybe you could exchange it?
Considering the first I ordered directly from kwmobile was lost in the mail because they formatted the address wrong and neglected to put in the state I was just happy Amazon had it available for Prime. It's usually no problem for me to shut it off manually, just kinda a small annoyance as I usually read my Kobo before bed.
Maverynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #625
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBack View Post
Just got mine! And, yes, the sleep/awake function works flawlessly.
So far, I have no sleep issues with this cover.
Nice sticker. It is a sticker, right?!
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #626
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Nope. Not a sticker.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #627
grremlin
grremlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Does anyone know of a good cover with a built in stand capability?
grremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #628
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grremlin View Post
Does anyone know of a good cover with a built in stand capability?
if you have a second edition, go to amazon.com. If you have a first edition, try eBay.

Look for an Origami case.

If you o not live in the US, where do you live?
Old 08-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #629
grremlin
grremlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if you have a second edition, go to amazon.com. If you have a first edition, try eBay.

Look for an Origami case.

If you o not live in the US, where do you live?
Thanks!
I do live in the US, but everything I looked for so far, at least Amazon, is for the 2nd edition, except one which is a vertical case for Edition 1.
I will check out eBay, did not know the Origami name for the type.

Thanks again!
grremlin is offline   Reply With Quote