Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Good customer service from a publisher

I will complain if I think something does not meet the standards I expect, so I felt I should tell everyone about a good experience I had.

I had a book with formatting problems - the special characters all looked very strange. It wasn't just on my reader, but also in Digital Editions, so I knew it wasn't a problem caused by my reader.

I'd bought it from Waterstones, and it was published by Macmillan. I wasn't sure what to do, as Waterstones just supply the file they're given by the publisher, so all they can do is go back to the publisher. I contacted Macmillan last night (by email) and I had an email from them today asking a few more questions and I have already received an improved epub file from them without the problems, and they are now trying to find out how the problem arose.

I was impressed by how quickly they sorted it out, and by their communications. Not only did they reply but I was given a direct phone number in case I wanted to speak to someone. And I have a file that works in less than 1 business day.

I'm pleased to have a good customer service experience after all the problems I've seen raised!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nice to hear.... thanks.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
That is great to hear -- thanks for spreading the word about your positive experience!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
We hear so many stories about bad customer service. It is always good to hear about the good things that happen. People often seem to ignore those things.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
lele
lele began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, itouch, PRS 600 & Kindle2
Great to hear that the publisher stood behind the ebook and had fantastic response time to take care of the customer.
lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
See now that makes me more likely to buy books from Macmillan.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote