Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
Phxokee
Phxokee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New To The Site

Just ordered my Kindle yesterday and am looking for site that help me get classic books for less or free. Love to read. Live in Phoenix, Arizona and am looking foward to checking out this site and forum.

If anyone has any Kindle advice, please pass it on. Thanks

Phxokee
Phxokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Phxokee and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like your Kindle once it arrives.

Meanwhile, while you're waiting, check out all the free books for the Kindle here on Mobileread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome Phxokee. You should hook up with DesertGrandma, also from Arizona and owns a Kindle. There are plenty of "free" classics available here. Unfortunately I don't indulge much in the classics nor own a Kindle.

That said, check out the "E-Books" menu at the top of the page & I'm sure DG will be on soon. She usually beats me in greeting newcomers, especially Kindle owners.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxokee View Post
Just ordered my Kindle yesterday and am looking for site that help me get classic books for less or free. Love to read. Live in Phoenix, Arizona and am looking foward to checking out this site and forum.
Welcome,

You have come to the right place. There are over 8000 ebooks available here... most you can read on your Kindle. Or, what I do is use the feedbooks.com download guide. You can browse what is available right on your Kindle and d/l any book you'd like on demand. Click here for info.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Phxokee when is your Kindle supposed to arrive?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxokee View Post

If anyone has any Kindle advice, please pass it on. Thanks

Phxokee
Oh, my goodness, how did I miss your post? Welcome, neighbor!
I'm in Surprise, about 45 miles northwest.

Tell us the authors and titles you are looking for. Look at the top of this page, and click on "ebooks" You want the mobipocket format.

Its a simple matter to click on the books, download to your computer, and transfer to the Kindle with the USB cord you got.

Or, you can download the mobipocket guide, to your Kindle, then download directly from there.

Most of the time, I download to the computer, so that I can save the Kindle battery.

Enjoy! PS.......you can also try www.feedbooks.com. All books in these sites are free.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Oh, my goodness, how did I miss your post? Welcome, neighbor!
And don't forget, if you haven't already, to vote in desertgrandma's poll. <--link

And welcome from me too. WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-28-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
And also, you can check out MobileRead's book club This month's selection is up for vote:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37219
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #9
Phxokee
Phxokee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Coming

Sometime in mid march. The day I ordered it there was a scheduled press conference for Feb. 9th by Amazon. Rumor has it that it will to announce the Kindle 2. I'll wait and see about that. So either way, I am getting a Kinde or Kindle 2 in mid March and I can't wait.

Thanks!
Phxokee is offline   Reply With Quote