Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
[Android] CC V5.2.6 beta released

V5.2.6.1 (7 May 2017)

Changes:
  • New Google toolset. I don't think much was changed underneath but there is always a risk.
  • Updated languages: Russian, Vietnamese
  • [BUG FIX] In the "help/explanation" dialog boxes: include the checkbox with the text in the scrollable area. This prevents the checkbox being hidden on some devices, ensuring that it cannot be checked.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:18 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

5.2.6.2 (14 May 2017):
When using CC with the new calibre V3 (beta) content server:
  • [BUG FIX] Fix failing to see book details after changing the calibre library
  • [BUG FIX] Fix username/password authentication often not working
There are (in theory) no changes when using the calibre V2 content server.
Advert
Old 05-15-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

5.2.6.3 (15 May 2017)

Changes:
  • Change to prevent Google Drive from refusing to authenticate. Google made changes in late April that broke CC's Google Drive cloud connection. This release works around Googles prohibition.
I expect this release to be the last beta in this series.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #4
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
@chaley,

When connected to Content Server 3.0, the "Newest" (Books sorted by date) folder shows nothing. And when I'm already inside, hitting back button doesn't bring be back out. The only choice is to disconnect. This doesn't happen with other folders. Ah, at least does with subfolders under Rating (stars) folder.

I'm running Calibre Portable 2.99.5.

And a minor issue: when CC tries to remove accent (in file names) from character Đ and đ, it returns in both case the 'd' rather than D and d, respectively.

Last edited by nqk; 05-18-2017 at 03:53 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:54 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
@chaley,

When connected to Content Server 3.0, the "Newest" (Books sorted by date) folder shows nothing. And when I'm already inside, hitting back button doesn't bring be back out. The only choice is to disconnect. This doesn't happen with other folders. Ah, at least does with subfolders under Rating (stars) folder.

With two exceptions, I cannot make it fail running calibre portable and the latest CC. That said, the calibre portable server is much slower than the calibre x64 standard server.

The first exception: there seems to be a problem when changing between calibre x64 and calibre portable without restarting CC. Sometimes CC won't connect. I don't know why.

The second exception: there is a problem when username protection is added to the content server while CC is connected. I am going to ignore that, at least for the moment.

If the problem is still happening for you, could you send me a CC debug log?
Advert
Old 05-18-2017, 05:26 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
@chaley,

And a minor issue: when CC tries to remove accent (in file names) from character Đ and đ, it returns in both case the 'd' rather than D and d, respectively.
If you don't use your calibre portable on 32bit windows. I would recommend using portable 64-bit by simply replacing the calibre folder inside the portable folder with the calibre folder from a normal 64-bit install. I have been using it this way after Kovid recommended it when I asked for 64bit calibre portable.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I didn't see this before. Sorry.

Accent removal is done by Android's implementation of unicode character normalization. I have no control over what it does.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:36 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

5.2.6.4 (19 May 2017)

5.2.6.4 (19 May 2017)

Changes:
  • Significant rewrite of the content server connection networking code. See below.
  • Updated lanaguage: Vietnamese
  • [BUG FIX] Fix (I hope) the occasional failure in the content server connection that forced a disconnect.
Beta testers were reporting strange non-repeatable networking problems, some if which I would see from time to time. To (one hopes) fix these I updated the networking libraries, simplified the networking code, and implemented connection pooling. I think the result works better; at least it doesn't fail for me anymore. I think it is faster as well.

I tested the new code on V2 and V3 calibre servers, with and without passwords using both digest and basic authentication.

I also tested HTTPS access via a linux Apache front end. I have not set up a certificate to test direct access because Android doesn't like self-signed certs and I don't want to buy one.

Please let me know if you see anything strange.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V5.3.1.1 production release rolled out to beta

Changes since beta V5.6.2.4:
  • Removed "Change Library" category lines from the content server. Using them confused CC. Instead use the change library dialog available in the menu.
  • Updated language: German
  • New language: Polish

Unless something catastrophic happens this release will be rolled out to all users on Wednesday 24/May or Thursday 25/May, at which time the Google Play CC Demo and the Amazon versions will also be generally released.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:55 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

5.3.1.1: all versions (GP full, GP demo, Amazon full, Amazon demo( released.

Thanks to the beta testers for the feedback, in particular for the calibre V3 content server connection.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #11
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Dear chaley,

Anything happened to Box? I can't get connected. Hope it's not my library that went wrong. The internet connection to Box service is fine.

Edit: False alarm. The database file is missing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	156986  

Last edited by nqk; 05-25-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Dear chaley,

Anything happened to Box? I can't get connected. Hope it's not my library that went wrong. The internet connection to Box service is fine.
Box works fine for me on Android 6.0.1 and android 4.3.

It could be that there is a problem with your stored credentials. CC is supposed to refresh them as needed, but it is possible that something went wrong. You could try to reset the connection then authenticate again.

It is also possible that there is a transient problem with box. Can you login and see your library from a web browser on the same network as your device?

EDIT: Just saw your edit. I wonder how that happened?

Last edited by chaley; 05-25-2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Saw OP's edit
Old 05-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #13
nqk
Fanatic

I edited the post. You were too fast. The database is somehow... missing....