Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
tiReader Pro

I just noticed that tiReader Pro is available for free. The offer began Saturday so I don't know how much longer it will last. See tiReader Pro on our wiki for specs. If you miss the time, there are also free versions.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I grabbed it this morning. Doesnt look too bad, though I havent really tested it thoroughly.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Disregard.

Last edited by ould; 03-22-2017 at 04:59 PM.
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just tap the center of the page and at the top will be options for changing brightness and toggling night mode (& color overlays) [looks like a sun], Font, line spacing, margins, indents, paragraph spacing, etc. [Aa icon], and Table of Contents, bookmarks, etc. [Book icon].

EDIT: I see you've deleted your question, but I'll leave this here in case it helps someone else.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:07 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've found a bug in the program where it doesn't respect a text indent of 0.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've found a bug in the program where it doesn't respect a text indent of 0.
You should let them know...
http://tireader.com/contact.php
Old 03-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, the space between the last line of the text and the footer is too big a gap. Also, the page number used is useless.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Also, the space between the last line of the text and the footer is too big a gap. Also, the page number used is useless.
You can turn the header and footer off which will remove the page number. It used 0 indent for me. I prefer an indent. The settings are only in pts.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:55 AM   #9
Cloudmaker
Cloudmaker began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Why does it take forever to open a book in this app? 15 seconds to open an ordinary 1,5 Mb epub w/o any pics? Come on! 10 seconds to show the library! Changing skin, switching day/night? 5-7 seconds.
iPad Air 2 64 Gb.

Also no book covers are shown in just imported books. You want to see the cover? Simply open the book. You have 100 books in a library? No problem, just open them all to update the covers! Weird...

Last edited by Cloudmaker; 03-23-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Cloudmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #10
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
Also no book covers are shown in just imported books. You want to see the cover? Simply open the book. You have 100 books in a library? No problem, just open them all to update the covers! Weird...
For my experiment with tiReader Pro, quite a few imported books don't show their book cover images in its Library view, even after the books have been opened several times after import. There is no such problem with iBooks for importing the same set of books. The books are exported from MapleRead via the general "Send To..." iOS mechanism.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #11
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Does someone know how to turn off the page turn "curl animation" for epubs?

Other than that, after about an hour of "playing" with tiReader Pro, it looks quite fully featured and I've been able to find my way around.

I keep a backup of my entire calibre library on BOX. Very easy and quick to import into tiReader using the "Document Picker". Loading a book after it is imported is likewise pretty fast.

BEST feature for me is the ability to read epub's, pdf's, cbr's, cbz's and view photo's with ONE app!!
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:37 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
If there's a way, I haven't found it so far.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:35 AM   #13
stvipo
stvipo can extract oil from cheesestvipo can extract oil from cheesestvipo can extract oil from cheesestvipo can extract oil from cheesestvipo can extract oil from cheesestvipo can extract oil from cheesestvipo can extract oil from cheesestvipo can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
see here: http://tireader.com/faq.php?id=6
stvipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #14
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Thanks for the URL to the post. I emailed the developer yesterday and received the exact word-for-word response that is now posted under FAQ's. Apparently, as they receive and answer questions via email, they also post them and keep the FAQ's current.

I like the many features in tiReader, but the "page curl" is very distracting to me ... especially seeing it 100+ times a day.

I'll check updated versions as they are issued to see if they come up with a fix.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The problem with this app is the overrides. When I set to publisher style, I don't actually get that. I get a 1.2em line space. I don't get whatever the line space is based on the font and what's in the CSS. I get a 10pt margin. I don't get the 0 margin in the CSS. I get 10 or 20pt text indent. I don't get the 1.2em text indent.

The overrides are overriding instead of not overriding. For every override, there should be an off setting. There isn't so ever setting is some value that's not the same value in the CSS.