Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #61
SurgE
Serial Bricker
SurgE doesn't litterSurgE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KSO
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
kBookAssets.png

You mean the word "Reader" is actually an image?
SurgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 AM   #62
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurgE View Post
Just wondering, where can I change the "Reader" title as specified in the image below?
<fail>Nowhere I found. Hardcoded in the LRF viewer?</fail>

Wouldn't have guessed an image...

Last edited by JeffElkins; 07-28-2008 at 11:02 AM.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #63
SurgE
Serial Bricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Nowhere I found. Hardcoded in the LRF viewer?
Well, I am actually missing the "Reader" word on my reader now :P I am now trying to find out where did the name go :P
Old 07-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #64
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
You mean the word "Reader" is actually an image?
Yes, it's part of the background image.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:33 PM   #65
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Yes, it's part of the background image.
Is this impossible to edit ourselves? I think having a custom logo would be awesome.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just tried to flash my 505 and it rebooted on me. Do you think I need to redo the firmware install?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #67
SurgE
Serial Bricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewastaken View Post
Is this impossible to edit ourselves? I think having a custom logo would be awesome.
Yes, you can edit it. I've done it
Old 07-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #68
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
That would be a great trick to put my name and contact info in. A random thief certainly wouldn't be able to fix that very easily. Where would I place my own custom kBookAssets.png in the flasher, and do you know the dimensions it should be? Thanks!
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #69
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'm anxiously awaiting the same information
Old 07-30-2008, 12:04 AM   #70
SurgE
Serial Bricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
That would be a great trick to put my name and contact info in. A random thief certainly wouldn't be able to fix that very easily. Where would I place my own custom kBookAssets.png in the flasher, and do you know the dimensions it should be? Thanks!
210x70 for the logo.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #71
jakewastaken
Media Whore.

Quote:
210x70 for the logo.
But where is it kept so we can replace it?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #72
SurgE
Serial Bricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewastaken View Post
But where is it kept so we can replace it?
It's part of "kBookAssets.png". the top 210x70 pixels of it.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #73
stgben
Enthusiast
stgben began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle
Quote:
It's part of "kBookAssets.png". the top 210x70 pixels of it.
I think he's wondering where "kBookAssets.png" can be found, or where it needs to be placed.
stgben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #74
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I'm not sure how we find it, but I think if we find it we can just put the edited .png file into \files.505.1.1.00.18040\opt\sony\ebook\application \resources\scripts and run the flasher and do 5, 6, 9. At least, so I gather from the way people replace the icons.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:04 AM   #75
SurgE
Serial Bricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgben View Post
I think he's wondering where "kBookAssets.png" can be found, or where it needs to be placed.
you can copy it out from /opt. just edit script.sh to do it