Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-29-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Creating icon themes

(I thought I'd be the bunny to ask the obvious question - because there just can't be enough icons to waste time with ).

What is the process for creating an icon theme? Is there a definitive list of what is required and what size icons would be preferred?

Does the theme then need to be "submitted" or can I whack my DIY theme into my own Calibre?

thanks!
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have to get around to writing this up properly, but basically, you just copy the resources/images folder out of your calibre installation directory and replace whatever icons you want in it. Use the sizes of the existing icons as a guide.

If you want to see the icons in your local calibre, follow the instructions here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cust...ates-et-cetera

If you want to package it up as a theme for others to use, go to preferences->miscellaneous->Create icon theme and select the folder
this will create the theme zip file

then make a post in this forum with the zip file and I will take care of making it available.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2015, 12:02 AM   #3
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thanks Kovid! That's very clear.

Calibre just gets better and better.

cheers,
skb is offline   Reply With Quote