Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #226
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by barobach_so View Post
I'm asking this question for one of my friends
he has kobo touch with 3.11 firmware tries to patch to have Persian keyboard

there are 2 issues :
first kobo touch 3.11 doesn't accept typed character instead of cyrilic , and only accept UTF-8 code ( its solved )
but he can't search with Persian/Arabic keyboard in kobo library ( I can do on H2O in firmware 3.12 till 3.15 )
I don't know about this, the touch and Mini use some different code paths to the other devices and are missing some features. I think that might be changing in the latest (3.15.0) firmware.

Quote:
and another thing is when he tries to add other patches at the end of patch file he get error and only can edit existent patches
There is not enough information to know what is going wrong here. Which patches? Which error?

Patches which have the following line:
Code:
# Multi-version patch: 3.12.0 - 3.15.0+
can be applied to any firmware version from 3.12.0 to 3.15.0, and maybe later versions too, but they need version 0.10 or later of the patch32lsb program to apply them, and this version was only included with the patches for firmware 3.12.1 and later.

So to apply such patches to earlier firmware you would need to replace the contents of the tools/ subdirectory in the earlier patch archive with the contents of that subdirectory from version 3.12.1 or later.

Other patches can only be applied to the firmware version they came with.

Edit: I just checked, and the Arabic Keyboard patch from firmware 3.15.0 can be applied to firmware 3.8.0 - 3.11.0 without change, as long as you use the tools (pa32lsb.exe etc.) from patch_kobo_3121.zip (for firmware 3.12.1) or later.

Last edited by GeoffR; 05-30-2015 at 10:22 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:32 AM   #227
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Device: kobo h2o
hi
thank you GeoffR for response

about the keyboard: I meant this code as you see I replace the cyrilic code with typed shapes of other language and kobo 3.11 doesn't accept it but your arabic keyboard is with unicode and it work but this is solved

about the rest: I'll check it and thank you again
barobach_so is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert