Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-31-2014, 04:07 AM   #1
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Signature: table possible? Left and right text on same line? Wiki-Link with alt name?

Does anyone know if it's possible to have text on the left and right side in the same line?
I don't want to waste a whole line each, but left/right apparently contains a linebreak.

Also, unrelated to this, is it possible to have a link to the wiki but give it an alternate name?

I don't really want to have a huge signature, but I don't want to lose any information in it either.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:32 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Judging from your signature you've resolved your second question already, haven't you?

Regarding your first question: have you tried anything already? And you should take into account that readers of this forum use everything between a 7" tablet and a 26" monitor (or even more), so the length of a line might be quite different.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 06:56 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Some other forums provide a link that directs Wiki page whilst displaying custom text.

Possibly this could be implemented by management.

Example: [wiki=Option]value[/wiki]
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Judging from your signature you've resolved your second question already, haven't you?
Not really? I have linked to the wiki, but I'm using the regular URL, not WIKI command.
A semantic difference, I guess.

Quote:
Regarding your first question: have you tried anything already?
I did try a few things, like the left/right commands.

Quote:
And you should take into account that readers of this forum use everything between a 7" tablet and a 26" monitor (or even more), so the length of a line might be quite different.
Yes, that's why I'd want the left and right part to automatically adjust to the sides instead of me writing both in a line with lots of spaces.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
Not really? I have linked to the wiki, but I'm using the regular URL, not WIKI command.
A semantic difference, I guess.
Sorry, I've misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to have a custom text between the two brackets of the url.

We have a [ WIKI][ /WIKI] command for normal posts. Does this work for signatures? (And is it this what you're looking for?)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
Cyberman tM
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
We have a [ WIKI][ /WIKI] command for normal posts. Does this work for signatures? (And is it this what you're looking for?)
It works for signatures, but I didn't manage to get it to display anything but the linked page.
i.e. for my purposes, it would always show "User:Cyberman_tM/ImcoV6L" which is rather ungainly.
What I'd like is similar to how the URL works, or a intra-wiki link where you can specify an alternate text to be shown instead of the raw wiki-word.