Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #31
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
thank you knc1

Quote:
BusyBox v1.17.1 (2012-07-17 16:29:54 PDT) multi-call binary.

Usage: hwclock [-r] [-s] [-w] [-l] [-u] [-f FILE]

Query and set hardware clock (RTC)

Options:
-r Show hardware clock time
-s Set system time from hardware clock
-w Set hardware clock to system time
-u Hardware clock is in UTC
-l Hardware clock is in local time
-f FILE Use specified device (e.g. /dev/rtc2)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #32
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Don't even hint at ssh access. For me that's a whole world of trouble in itself.

I mucked around with the time a bit, but no succes.

It shouldn't be long until the next version of jbpatch, maybe that will fix something.
ah..

well. yes indeed. use the pop merged keys yourself or wait. yes.
Those are your options. so wait it is

EDIT: Of course the implication here is since JBPatch works fine for me with this application an updated version will change nothing.

But time will tell.

Last edited by twobob; 10-06-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: implications
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #33
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I just installed jbpatch 2.4.1, and kindcalc still isn't working. But there is something I should have thought of earlier. When I copied kindcalc to my kindle, a window popped up saying "The selected destination does not support encryption. Do you still want to copy this file without encryption?"

I don't know if that's an issue, but I would appreciate it if someone could upload just kindcalc.azw2 so I could download it directly to my kindle.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
checksum both the original and the copy - see it they match.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #35
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
OK, this has been answered in the JBPatch thread before, but I'll post it here again:

You have originally installed JBPatch before KindCalc came out. So JBPatch has installed an old version of the merged developer keystore, which does not contain the KindCalc developer certificate.

The developer keystore is something that persists "outside" of JBPatch installs, uninstalls, or reinstalls. And it is only reinstalled if it is missing, not if it is (potentially) outdated.

The easiest way to solve your problem is to unregister your Kindle. This will remove the developer keystore. Afterwards, just re-register your Kindle, try to start any Kindlet, and the current developer keystore will be installed. (@icantbebothered: if you keep ignoring my advice to de-register and re-register your device, which definitely works, then soon, icantbebothered to help you out either anymore. I'm now posting this for the third time!)

(and yes, at the risk of repeating myself: this is a prime example of why the well-known test key should be reused, instead of every developer creating their own one, which will need to be individually included in the merged keystore and cause all sorts of problems).

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 10:41 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #36
twobob

Quote:
...The developer keystore is something that persists "outside" of JBPatch installs, uninstalls, or reinstalls. And it is only reinstalled if it is missing, not if it is (potentially) outdated....
Okay, I'll put my neck in the noose. I did not know that. Thanks Ixtab.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #37
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works! Thanks to whoever was involved in this.

@ixtab: I would give you some karma, but I have to "spread some reputation around before giving it yo ixtab again".

Last edited by icantbebothered; 10-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #38
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
I can reregister my kindle to the same account? My kindle says after I deregister my kindle I can register it to another account, and I don't want to be stuck with an unregistered kindle…
Yes .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #39
icantbebothered
Penguin

I've edited my previous post.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #40
twobob

Thanks for the success report. It's meaningful and will help others.

I'll heap Karma on Ixtab and Knc1 for you. it's deserved.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #41
icantbebothered
Penguin

I gave diggory 20000 karmas for the fun of it. He probably thought it was a glitch.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #42
Glosnik
Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Nice calc, but is there any simpler one?
Glosnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #43
twobob

type 20 + 1 into the search bar?...
Old 03-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #44
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
You are too quick twobob. I was just going to suggest searching for 40+2 (the answer is easy, it is the question that is difficult)
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #45
twobob

Well thats now ( 20 + 1 ) *2 then

Tags
kindlets