Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
Utumno
Utumno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Submitting apps to Amazon App Store

Hello Kindle Devs,

I've got several Android games already in Android Market. Recently I submitted them to Amazon App Store; 2 already got accepted for both phones & the Kindle, but one only got accepted for the phones and rejected for the Kindle with the following message ( quoting from the email I got ):

To be compatible with Kindle Fire, apps must be optimized to run on a 7” screen with width: 600px and height: 1024px (Abstracted LCD Density: 160). Please note that the device will reserve 20px of the height to display a soft key menu, yielding a height of 1004px when in fullscreen mode.

Now, to be honest I do not have a Kindle myself, but the app certainly DOES correctly render fullscreen at any resolution , including 1024x600. It does NOT reserve the lower 20px for the soft keys menu - so that part of my app's UI is covered by the menu ( which incidentally shouldn't matter that much to the user ). Would that be the reason for rejection? If yes, how do I detect I am running on a Kindle Fire so I effectively only have 1024x580 in landscape to work with?
Utumno is offline   Reply With Quote