Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
whoisfree
whoisfree began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Question Best Method to Folder Books and Picture Files?

Hey guys, hopefully there's an easy answer, I got good computer skills but the andriod OS is totally foreign to me. I rooted the T1 and loaded it with some content for someone as a present. I am giving it in two days so hoping I can get an answer from someone nice since my searches didn't find much.

I loaded on 1000 ebooks of various format from her favourite authors, 1000 mp3s, and 10 different manga series that were .jpg based (several thousand images). Each were put into a folder on the SD card:
IE:
Books - E:/Books/Author/PDF/books.pdf
" " " " - E:/Books/Author/TXT/books.txt
Songs - E:/Music/Album folder/songs.mp3
Pictures - E:/Manga/Manga Series/Pictures.jpg

The songs have foldered nicely when i open up the music section (i'm guessing since mp3 files have album and artist tags), but the jpgs and ebook files are in their massive heaps which makes picking something starting with anything but A or Z a horrible pain. Furthermore the list seems so big its crashing back to the home screen.

Ideally, I'd want to be able to open the book app, pick an author, then pick a book. For pictures I'd want to open the picture app, then the series, then the volume, then the chapter, then the picture. Is there any method/other app to do this?

Thanks for any help, it be nice to have this thing organized when I give it for christmas.

Last edited by whoisfree; 12-24-2011 at 04:18 AM.
whoisfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
whoisfree

So I found this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159439

Talks about an app called Relaunch which I am guessing is like root explorer but can open the books up? It may be my answer
I'll look more into it.

The thread also mentioned that some ebook files have tags. I'm not sure which formats use tags and which don't. I'm pretty sure all don't and neither do .jpgs. So tags doesn't seem like the answer for me. I'll look more into that too I guess.

If anyone has another solution they deem better, please let me know.
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Unfortunately not.

Relaunch has a bug that prevents it from opening the correct app for the selected file, but other file managers do work: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...#File_Managers
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
I admit, that this is maybe not for you, as it might be a bit late and you have a big lot of books. But. You are missing one of the best parts of the T1 (and of the Sony ereader world), which is: collections.
The books on the T1 are organized in "collections", which you can compare to id3-tags in music. (No one questions it, when organizing music files on their music players nowadays. In the ebook world this approach has not yet arrived in peoples minds).
The easiest way to fix collections/tags is by using calibre, but then, 1000 books is still a lot of work.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
whoisfree

Calibre is new to me but from everything I read it looks like it will be the best option for organizing the ebook section. I can spend a few hours time if I never have to do it again.

Any ideas on how to handle .jpg collections (manga series)? At this point I am giving up on the idea of loading .jpgs onto the SD card. I'm thinking the only viable option is to convert them into a .cbr or .epub. I think I read Calibre can do that... More homework...
Advert