Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
ladywiththepants
ladywiththepants began at the beginning.

Device: none
help with validation please

Does anyone know if there is a preferred font for exporting to epub from ID - I'm getting this message, over and over, when I try to validate:

OEBPS/fonts/Verdana-BoldItalic.otf cannot be decrypted
ladywiththepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You can, and should, ignore that warning (note that it's a warning, not an error) from epubcheck when exporting books aimed at ADE-compatible readers.

Having said that, remember that you can turn off the font embedding option in the epub export panel, which will make this go away. Do you really want to embed Verdana? Do you have a licence to do so? Would the device's generic built-in sans-serif face work just as well? (To be honest, Verdana is pretty generic anyway.)
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
ladywiththepants

Well, based on the fact that I don't even know what 'embed Verdana' means - im guessing that I don't want to. Im lucky I have gotten this far to be perfectly honest. Couple of months ago I didn't even know what ID was...
My expertise is medicine, and surely not anything to do with a computer. I will try to turn off the font embedding option in the epub export to see if that fixes my issues. I wrote a couple of books and am working with the documents that my publisher gave me... taking back my work to sell it myself - sick of paying them all my profits -
Thank you for responding and I will try what you suggested.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
ladywiththepants

Now i'm getting this message:

*TIAK Book for export.epub is valid!

Preflight report

Epubpreflight runs some of the same validation as epubcheck, but additionally checks for problems like very large file sizes that might affect some reading systems.

Passed!

Thank you so much for your help.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It would be a good idea to run it through FlightCrew. That validator surpasses EpubCheck in a lot of ways and gives better error messages.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
validation