Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 AM   #1
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
[iOS] Problem registering books on the iPad in Calibre.

I have a problem when connecting my iPads to Calibre.
It is not always that books on the iPad are registered as such in Calibre.

The following will replicate the problem:

Connect to Calibre. Wireless device.
Upload one or more books.
Disconnect from Calibre.
Now select one or more of the new books and select read to copy the book to a reader app.
The book is now marked as Read in CC.
Reconnect to Calibre, the book is no longer marked as On Device in Calibre. Reloading the book from Calibre will remove the read flag in CC.

Any ideas?
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
That's a bit strange. Essentially the problem is that the book isn't showing up as "On Device". Losing the Read flag makes sense considering the book was resent. What happens if you send a book, then disconnect and reconnect without doing anything else? Does the book show up as "On device"? In other words, is it selecting "Read" on a book which makes it no longer be marked as "On device"?
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:30 AM   #3
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I just send a book and then disconnect/reconnect then the book is still On Device in Calibre.

That covers most of the books in CC as I only copy books that I intend to read very soon to the reader app. I have about 20 or so books in my reader apps and several hundred in CC.

Edit: I sorted the books in CC by "Date Added to CC" and many of the last added book that had Read marked in CC did not appear as "On Device" in Calibre.
But suddenly further down the list books that had the Read flag set began to appear as "On Device" in Calibre. The first of these reappearances was dated 21. jan. 2017. Apparently all books added to CC before that date and with the read flag set also appeared "On Device" in Calibre.

Last edited by svenlind; 04-20-2017 at 04:45 AM. Reason: More info.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:55 AM   #4
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Thanks, that's some useful info. There was an update made sometime in January, which coincides with the date you've found. I'll start by looking there!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:33 AM   #5
svenlind
Fanatic

I have tried a few things: I have a userdefined column "Read" in Calibre that syncs with the Read flag in CC, or it least it used to.

If I set the read column in Calibre to Yes then this info is transferred to CC. The book is still "On Device" in Calibre after disconnect/connect.

If I now clear the read flag in CC and then connect to Calibre then the book is no longer "On Device". It seems that the book is only "On Device" if Read flags are the same in Calibre and CC.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #6
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer

Thanks again for the detailed info. I've been able to confirm having the same bug. I spent a few hours today working on CC but haven't yet been able to resolve this one; I'll try again soon and hopefully will have more success.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:02 AM   #7
svenlind
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
Thanks again for the detailed info. I've been able to confirm having the same bug. I spent a few hours today working on CC but haven't yet been able to resolve this one; I'll try again soon and hopefully will have more success.
Thank you very much for your efforts.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #8
svenlind
Fanatic

To day I had a problem with starting the Calibre "Start Wireless Device Connection" and the Content Server.
It turned out to be a firewall problem.

But before I discovered that I turned on my spare desktop, that has a copy of Calibre and my Calibre database.

Here everything concerning connection between Calibre and CC was ok.
But not a single book in CC was registered as "On Device" in Calibre.

That is the "On Device" column in Calibre was totally empty.

The missing "On Device" registration is actually somewhat annoying.
I hope you find a solution.

Edit: I just want to mention that if I connect as Content server then it is correctly registered in CC whether a book is present on the device or not.

Last edited by svenlind; 06-13-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: More info
Old 06-14-2017, 12:53 AM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Another user hoping this gets solved.

Very odd that not only are books I've opened in CC, and it's therefore been marked as read in CC, not showing up as on device when connected to the Calibre library, but also when I click on the device in Calibre the books aren't listed there either. It's like they've vanished although they clearly haven't and are in fact still on the iPad and listed in CC.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
svenlind
Fanatic

Thank you very much for the latest update (V1.3.0). The problem has been fixed.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
Same for me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #12
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak
Same for me.
Great, I'm glad the problem is gone. It took a long time to figure that one out!
Old 07-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #13
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
It's working for me as well. Thanks.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote