Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
diveerse
diveerse began at the beginning.

Device: Jinke Hanlin A9
Jinke Hanlin A9 firmware

Hi, can you please tell me what the firmware is used to Jinka Hanlin A9? I was reading here and I found nothing much thank you very much
diveerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Check our wiki on the Hanlin A9. there is lots of information and a link to the Jinke site for additional information. The firmware on all the Hanlin devices have similar capability. What specifically are you looking for?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
diveerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Check our wiki on the Hanlin A9. there is lots of information and a link to the Jinke site for additional information. The firmware on all the Hanlin devices have similar capability. What specifically are you looking for?
Thank you in advance for your answer. Perhaps you mean this page
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Hanlin_A9
But a link to download and see home page jinke.com I'm not seeing.
I need to solve the "hyphenation" if the good writing. This should solve the firmware, but I do not know which to use on your Hanlin A9 Jinky me to not upload a bad mistake.
Can you please advise which alternative firmware is that correct? thank you
And excuse my English
Old 01-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I too am having trouble reaching the Jinke site. It you can reach it then you can download the latest firmware from the site. Alternately any A9 firmware will work so if you can find a supplier you can get their latest firmware. Hanlin devices don't always do the best hyphenation in my experience so I usually turn it off. Part of the formats such as FB2 use an on board copy of Cool Reader. It is possible to replace that executable with another version on some Hanlin devices, if you wanted to go that route but it would only solve hyphenation on formats that Cool Reader supports. And even Cool Reader may not do as good a hyphenation as you might like. Again, just turn it off if you don't like it.

Dale
Old 01-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
diveerse

I look at it as meaning. But somehow I did not read that the firmware is suitable for A9. Alternative. Tirwal or perhaps mentioned Cool Reader? I'm not stupid, but I'd hate to destroy the reader.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveerse View Post
I look at it as meaning. But somehow I did not read that the firmware is suitable for A9. Alternative. Tirwal or perhaps mentioned Cool Reader? I'm not stupid, but I'd hate to destroy the reader.
An Alternative firmware must as A9 to work. However, there can be downloads of an application onto the existing firmware. I am not sure there is a version for the A9 but Cool Reader does have existing updates for other Hanlin devices.

Dale
Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
diveerse

So I solved so that I used to hyphenate Liberation Mono font that I have downloaded. I have firmware version 1.00.201107141749 aserial, so wait until they go Web site and hopefully there will be newer, which it probably will address