Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 03:52 PM   #181
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalvaggio View Post
Has anyone read Christopher L. Bennett's Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations series? I'm very interested to hear what you think of these books (links below).
I just learned of those recently. They came up when I was looking into stories about some interesting incidental characters from an episode of TNG.

I'm going to try to read them eventually...too bad there's no audio book version.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #182
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I really liked "Ghost Country" by Patrick Lee. It's the second in a three book series, the first book being "The Breach" (also a very good action/adventure/sci-fi book, but no time travel in that one). The 3rd book in the series, "Deep Sky" has a bit of time travel type stuff in it. Ghost Country has more time travel, and was my favorite of the series.

"Departure" by A.G. Riddle was also very good. Action/adventure/sci-fi/time-travel.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2018, 11:48 AM   #183
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Ishmael by Barbara Hambly is a Star Trek novel with an unusual premise but it works. It's basically a mash-up of Star Trek and another 60s TV series Here Come the Brides.

Spock, trying to thwart a Klingon plot, is hurled back in time, to mid-1800s Seattle, and loses his memory and gets involved with the characters of the Brides series. It's all a lot of fun. It also references characters from other TV shows, not by name, but they are recognizable, like Paladin from Have Gun Will Travel and the Cartwright boys from Bonanza.

Also the sawmill owner and rival to the series stars was played by Marc Lenard who played Spock's father.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #184
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I hate to say this, being a man and all, but I thought the Time Travellers Wife was pretty good as well
I hate to say this as I don't read present tense books, but I agree with you!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #185
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Timeline by Michael Crichon
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2019, 07:31 AM   #186
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Timeline by Michael Crichon
That's on my tbr. Need a good sale!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote