Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 11-02-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
Abbott, Edwin: Flatland. v1. 01 Nov 07

Per Wikipedia:

"Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions is an 1884 novella by Edwin Abbott Abbott, still popular among mathematics and computer science students, and considered useful reading for people studying topics such as the concept of other dimensions. As a piece of literature, Flatland is respected for its satire on the social hierarchy of Victorian society."

I'm posting version 1.1 to correct the spelling of the author's name and I also made a couple of very minor format changes. The previous version had 54 views.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf FLATLAND.lrf (493.3 KB, 1975 views)

Last edited by Stanart; 06-03-2008 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Error in spelling of author's name.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:53 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is this the illustrated version?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Yes, this includes the original cover and the author's quaint illustrations.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Excellent! I tried loading a version a while back with ASCII illustrations and it was worthless. Nice job!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
Stanart
Addict

Thanks. I was in a Border's recently and saw a copy of Flatland in the bargain bin and kick myself for not buying it. However, it reminded me that I'd seen it in PG and thought I would format it for the Sony Reader. But PG has only the plain text and the awful ascii illustration versions. I mananged to find a version with the original illustrations but had some problems with the html text. Hopefully there aren't any goofs in it but I tried to go over it thoroughly. I perked up the illlustrations by sizing and sharpening in Photoshop.
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I have an older softcover version by my bed right now. The original illustrations are the only way to go!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote