Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Mail (eml) to epub?

I get a lot of mails which I sometimes want to convert to an epub.

I have searched but haven't found an easy way to do this. What is a good best practice?

An eml-input plugin to Sigil would be nice.

Would I do now is save all mails separately as html-files, which need quite a lot of cleanup, open with Sigil, fix, and manually copy/paste into one Sigil-epub.

There must be an easier way.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #2
skreutzer
Software Developer
skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
I would like to write a freely/libre licensed tool for the Desktop PC, but it would only be concerned about semantic markup, that is: the e-mail standard and XHTML, if present. Is that OK for you? How do you get the .eml files, do you bulk-export them or save them one by one? From a webmailer online page or from an e-mail program?
skreutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:59 AM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks, anything that helps is useful.

Today I simply save them one by one (from Thunderbird), but I will happily do any other way if it helps.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote