Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many eReaders do you own?
1-5 85 68.55%
5-10 30 24.19%
10+ 9 7.26%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #76
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I wouldn't count a phone solely because you didn't buy it for ereading but to use as a phone although plenty of people do read and listen to audiobooks on their phone.

That said, I'm making myself list 3 e-readers today on Ebay. It's hard, but one ereader got a scratch just waiting for me to list it (I don't have enough covers). I will be down to 16 then (does not include Fires) from the original 23. Progress!

(5) K3, (2) K4, Touch, (2) Basic 7, Basic 8, PW2, PW3, Voyage, Nook ST, Nook Glo1, Nook Glo3.

Last edited by Tarana; 06-12-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #77
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I wouldn't count a phone solely because you didn't buy it for ereading but to use as a phone.
Nope. I bought my latest phone to use for everything. Phone was just one aspect.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #78
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Nope. I bought my latest phone to use for everything. Phone was just one aspect.
Okay, but to get back to this thread, do you consider your phone to be part of your ereader collection?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #79
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Okay, but to get back to this thread, do you consider your phone to be part of your ereader collection?
Insofar as I consider any of the devices I own to be part of a "collection," then sure. I consider every portable device I've spent much time using to read to be an ereader. I read way more than I talk/text with my phone, after all. So why not? It's an ereader that happens to have a phone feature.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-12-2018 at 03:12 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #80
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It makes sense to me that you would count your phone as a reader if you regularly use it for that purpose, even if you also use the phone for other purposes.

I didn't count my phone as a reader because I did not buy it for that purpose and I read on it only every once in a while for brief periods, like if I am unexpectedly stuck waiting somewhere without my Sony reader. I use my Sony 99% of the time and usually have it with me.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #81
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I didn't count my phone as a reader because I did not buy it for that purpose and I read on it only every once in a while for brief periods, like if I am unexpectedly stuck waiting somewhere without my Sony reader. I use my Sony 99% of the time and usually have it with me.
That's basically the way I look at it. I do (occassionally) read on the phone, but it's basically in "emergency" situations.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #82
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Wink Reformed eReader collector

I wouldn't count my phone or my iPad Mini on my total, even though they could obviously be used for that. I initially didn't even count my Kobo Arc either, since I still view that as a tablet... Instead, I qualified my eReader collection based on eInk devices only:

1. Kobo Mini (my first eReader)
2. Kobo Aura HD
3. Basic Kindle (7th Gen)

I did a big clearout of my collection over the past 12 months... Previously I would have fallen into the 5-10 device category as I also had a second Kobo Mini, a Kobo Touch, a Sony PRS-650 and 350...! It is time to spend less time collecting devices and more time reading! This year I'm finally starting to explore our local library's eBook catalogue.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote