Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
guindous
guindous began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
C67ML Carta vs Carta2: which battery last

Hi! I'm looking for a good ereader to replace my old and basic Kindle. I'm looking something affordable, with back light and battery endurance. I got attracted by the C67ML model and discovered the 3 flavors: standard, Carta and Carta2. Now, what about battery performance?.

I can imagine that Carta's versions performs better due the 3000mAh battery pack (according https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/BOOX_C67) but which one would you recommends? I rather prefer better battery performance instead of highest resolution, so If Carta performs better than Carta2, I will choose it. Have anyone compared this two models? Any idea is welcome!

Thanks in advance,
guindous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
In my experience, there's very little difference between the Carta and the Carta2 in terms of battery life. It's pretty much a toss-up. These devices run Android, so battery life could be a bit less than your Kindle was (depending on what kind of Kindle you had). Turn off Wi-Fi when you read (or make the change in settings for the device to do it for you) and battery life should be very good.

Since battery life is pretty much the same, I'd recommend the Carta 2 because of the improved resolution. Of course, you can get the Carta for a little less money, so you could go that route as well.

If battery life is a big priority for you, check out the Boyue T62+ before making a final decision. It has very good battery life - even better than the C67 series, in my experience. There is a T63 version out now, so the T62+ costs less than it did before; pretty much in the same price range as these Onyx models.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 12:46 AM   #3
SlantedChanter
SlantedChanter began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Looking at the Chinese Onyx website, there seem to actually be two new C67ML Carta2 models with 300dpi resolutions: a "Jingdong version" with a smaller 1700mAh battery and a "Carta2+" version with the normal 3000 mAh battery. Both have a new screen refresh technology called "regal" and 1.2 ghz processors.

I may have just ordered the 1700 mAh one by mistake, so watch out! I believe the other Carta and Carta2 versions all have 3000 mAh batteries so I'm not sure why they would downgrade so much for the Jingdong version. Maybe they had leftover batteries that they wanted to unload on the unwitting. Banggood seems to still sell the original 300dpi Carta2 with a 3000 mAh. Maybe they will discount it--it would be a nice deal since it is nearly the same as the Carta2+.

Last edited by SlantedChanter; 04-25-2017 at 12:17 PM.
SlantedChanter is offline   Reply With Quote