Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
exiting live version?

Is there a way to exit the live version and return to the ROM version without doing a reset on the back? I would prefer to leave the Reader in its case.

Also, is there a way to do screen shots?

Dale
Old 02-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
When in the directory view, OK -> scripts -> reboot

It is possible to take screenshots via SSH over USB. It should be relatively easy to add on-device screenshots (e.g. in the "scripts" menu with a 30 second delay), but no one has done this yet. See Screenshot Capability?.
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
When in the directory view, OK -> scripts -> reboot

It is possible to take screenshots via SSH over USB. It should be relatively easy to add on-device screenshots (e.g. in the "scripts" menu with a 30 second delay), but no one has done this yet. See Screenshot Capability?.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I missed this one. I don't have a Linux box so the screenshot method won't work (perhaps I can dig out my Sun box I suppose). Why would it need a delay method? Couldn't some button be captured to set up the shot. I guess a delay is better than nothing.

Dale
Old 02-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Why would it need a delay method? Couldn't some button be captured to set up the shot. I guess a delay is better than nothing.
A keypress approach would be best, but then a "spare" key would have to be found, and it might have to be added separately to each application. The delay method is what I use on the iLiad, and it is ok if you don't want to make lots of shots. The time required to open an ebook is also an issue (which is why the delay needs to be at least 30 seconds). A beep when the shot is taken would also be nice.