Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-06-2022, 06:50 AM   #31
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur
Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1
The Overdrive app (iOS) used to let me choose the destination of a download, so I could read on my phone immediately with any app that supported Drm epubs. Libby forces me to read in their own app if I want to read immediately on my phone. (I’m in the U.K. so don’t have a kindle option). This is an issue not just because it is a choice that has been taken away, but also because Libby has a bizarrely unreliable interface with the accessibility options on iOS, so that screenreading is an exercise in frustration. I’m not sure why I don’t see more people upset about this, in amongst all the explaining to people that Overdrive as a service isn’t going away. Maybe I’ve missed it.
Spinningwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 07:38 AM   #32
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
That might be more of an apple restriction preventing sharing of files between applications

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2022, 11:20 AM   #33
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur
Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1
No, I don’t think so. I can open files from one reader app to another quite happily, or from Dropbox etc. You just go through the IOS ‘share’ sequence. These days you can even plug in a widget and read/write to and Sd card. They’ve just removed the option from Libby.
Spinningwoman is offline   Reply With Quote