Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-06-2022, 02:24 PM   #16
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Hopefully that future firmware update will not take as long as Amazon / Lab126 took to fix the exploit used for firmware 5.6.5 (that jailbreak method was announced in September 2015. and released in February 2016. ).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:11 PM   #17
darkassassinua
Kindle priest
darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish4i View Post
Will see if its just a hoax or not

Jailbreak exist,trust me xd
darkassassinua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2022, 06:20 PM   #18
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Nope, the folder trick hasn't worked for years now (since firmware 5.1x.y IIRC). So the choices are airplane mode or to fill almost all storage space so the OTA downloader doesn't have enough space to successfully download OTA bin file.
Alright, thank you! I‘m a bit out of the loop with Kindle hacking. Filling up the storage sounds like a great idea though!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:29 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish4i View Post
Will see if its just a hoax or not

It really isn't.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #20
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Smile If you say so

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Ig
I'll believe this and hope this is not sophisticated like updating multiple partitions manually.

Also if it is working then it should be working on all devices �� so happy didn't update my device in a long time.

aRe we talking abt this?

Last edited by Abish4i; 04-07-2022 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Link edit
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2022, 10:01 AM   #21
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
This time I really gonna put that hot fix. I hate automatic updates.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #22
DavideRodeo
DavideRodeo began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
With the new jailbreak, it's possible downgrade the PW4 to older version?
Thanks for the work!
DavideRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:33 PM   #23
psicobelico
psicobelico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
well this is what I'm here for so I guess I love you
psicobelico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 09:35 AM   #24
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
every thing goes well? any success?when the new JB will be relased? a lot of PW5 can not wait

Do you need any testers?

Last edited by kdusr; 04-13-2022 at 11:34 AM.
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 04:44 PM   #25
Freshmaker
Bookworm
Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle PW5, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdusr View Post
every thing goes well? any success?when the new JB will be relased? a lot of PW5 can not wait

Do you need any testers?
Tentative release date is 4/28. Stay tuned!
Freshmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:53 AM   #26
buyifan43
Enthusiast
buyifan43 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW 4 and KT2
Quote:
Nope, the folder trick hasn't worked for years now (since firmware 5.1x.y IIRC). So the choices are airplane mode or to fill almost all storage space so the OTA downloader doesn't have enough space to successfully download OTA bin file.
removing ota binary also works for me as i keep connected to internet and still on 5.13.7
buyifan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:08 AM   #27
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
That requires Kindle that already has jailbreak so not an option for people with PW5 that are waiting for this new jailbreak method.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:41 AM   #28
yurisa
yurisa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
GOOD WORK ,CAN'T WAIT
yurisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:45 AM   #29
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
Quote:
That requires Kindle that already has jailbreak so not an option for people with PW5 that are waiting for this new jailbreak method.
Do you mean that the new JB is only compatible with jailbroken devices?
but why JB a JBed device?

BTW: the sample screenshot is PW5 :https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...2&d=1648927976

Last edited by issybird; 04-25-2022 at 01:30 PM.
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 12:27 PM   #30
darkassassinua
Kindle priest
darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Lolwhat?jailbreak to device which already has jailbreak?

Dont talk shit, WatchThis for all devices(but obviously its for PW5 devices)
darkassassinua is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak