Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-04-2019, 05:14 AM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Custom Column with Searches

Hi.

Is it possible to either create a custom column where all the searches show up?

Or just add a search to User Categories?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
saved searches show up under searches in the tag browser already
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2019, 05:55 AM   #3
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Yes, I was just wondering if I could create a custom column based on that?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can do it with virtual libraries but not saved searches. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...tual-libraries

although note that this is pretty bad for performance.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:44 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I don't understand what you are trying to do so this comment may be irrelevant, but ...

If what you want is a column containing the the names of virtual libraries in which that book appears then the two plugins Save Virtual Libraries To Column (GUI) and Save Virtual Libraries To Column might help. They fill in a "text, behaves like tags" custom column with the names of the virtual libraries, avoiding the performance problems that come with the template function.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2019, 01:56 AM   #6
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks for the VL idea, I hadn't thought of that.

When I create a hierarchical column can I use other than . to show the levels and when I save to disk can it keep the hierarchical structure?

Edit:

I had searched on the wrong thing when I tried finding out if it was possible.

But I found this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=288847 and that helped me create my own template.

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 02-07-2019 at 03:24 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, you cannot use a character other than the period. And you can use templates probably with functions to save the book in whatever folder hierarchy you need.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #8
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks, I might need help with a template if I can't get it to work.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:06 AM   #9
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is there any way I can change this:

Code:
{#meta_fandom:re(\.,/)}/{#story_id}/{author} - {title}
To also include \ for separating levels of folders?

example:

Code:
Test.\Test2/2/author-title
Test + Test 2 is a hierarchical column where I've used both .and \?

I hope it made sense.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there any way I can change this:

Code:
{#meta_fandom:re(\.,/)}/{#story_id}/{author} - {title}
To also include \ for separating levels of folders?
Try this:
Code:
{#meta_fandom:'re($, '\\|\.', '/')'}/{#story_id}/{author} - {title}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Note that Calibre uses forward slashes (/) for folders in Save to disk templates.

Plus given backslash is a special character for regex, I think the use of it in tags or custom columns might prove problematic for templates. Is there a reason for using \ in tags? If it's just to create folders for Save to disk templates, then you don't need to.

Example:
Save to disk template
Code:
{#fandom:re(\.,/)}/{#storyid}/{author} - {title}
#fandom (hierarchichal)
Xover.Buffy.Supernatural

#storyid

author
hoshi-ni-onegai

title
Eternal Oblivion

This will give me the following structure:
Code:
Xover/
  Buffy/
    Supernatural/
      9797629/
        hoshi-ni-onegai - Eternal Oblivion.epub
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #12
Tanjamuse
Wizard

This didn't work:

Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Note that Calibre uses forward slashes (/) for folders in Save to disk templates.

Plus given backslash is a special character for regex, I think the use of it in tags or custom columns might prove problematic for templates. Is there a reason for using \ in tags? If it's just to create folders for Save to disk templates, then you don't need to.

Example:
Save to disk template
Code:
{#fandom:re(\.,/)}/{#storyid}/{author} - {title}
#fandom (hierarchichal)
Xover.Buffy.Supernatural

#storyid

author
hoshi-ni-onegai

title
Eternal Oblivion

This will give me the following structure:
Code:
Xover/
  Buffy/
    Supernatural/
      9797629/
        hoshi-ni-onegai - Eternal Oblivion.epub
I was hoping for something that wouldn't create sub-folders if there was a . in the fandom-name.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #13
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
This didn't work:

Code:
I was hoping for something that wouldn't create sub-folders if there was a . in the fandom-name.
Do you consistently use '.\' together to separate the hierarchical tags?

If so, then something like this might work:
Code:
{#meta_fandom:'re($, '\.\\', '/')'}/{#story_id}/{author} - {title}
That should give the above structure for this:
#meta_fandom
Xover.\Buffy.\Supernatural
Old 02-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Code:
{#meta_fandom:'re($, '\.\\', '/')'}/{#story_id}/{author} - {title}
#meta_fandom
Xover.\Buffy.\Supernatural
Ugh, just tried this on the template tester and having the backslash at the end of the pattern is messing up the template.

If you're willing to replace the .\ with a .>, then this:
Code:
{#meta_fandom:'re($, '\.>', '/')'}/{#story_id}/{author} - {title}
should work with this:
Xover.>Buffy.the.Vampire.Slayer.>Supernatural

Code:
Xover
  Buffy.the.Vampire.Slayer
    Supernatural

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-07-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #15
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks. The second one did the trick.