Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #61
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what "NCIS" is, but certainly on British TV, the overwhelming majority of TV series don't end of a cliff-hanger at the end of a season; each series tells a story which is self-contained within that season.
It is a tv show with several spinoffs or an actual government agency. It stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Services.

So, I was correct in my thinking that you have better series.
Here the TV powers that be seem to think they have to do a cliff hanger to make sure viewers come back. Alas: Game of Thrones is not the exception here but the rule.

On the show I mentioned there have been at least 2 seasons with explosions on the last day of the season, at least 3 shootings of a main character and other disasters with the main characters in peril.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #62
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The fact that there are examples of TV shows that do end seasons in cliff-hangers does not alter the validity of my statement, which is that the overwhelming majority of series do not do so.
Your statement sums up UK TV very nicely. It alas does not sum up US TV very well. The reason is whoever is in charge of programming at the networks seem to think the American public is stupid and must be spoonfed a reason to come back.

For proof: just look at a TV Guide the last week of the season.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 05-18-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #63
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Your statement sums up UK TV very nicely. It alas does not sum up US TV very well. The reason is whoever is in charge of programming at the networks seem to think the American public is stupid and must be spoonfed a reason to come back.

For proof: just look at a TV Guide the last week of the season.
Yes. I've mostly stopped watching series TV. Too many promising shows that end on a cliffhanger and then get the ax.

I was interested in the remake of V. Alas, it was cancelled on a cliffhanger.

There are more and more American/Canadian series that run for a single season and end their story: Harper's Island, American Horror Story, True Detective, American Crime Story, Slasher. I hope more follow the pattern.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #64
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yes. I've mostly stopped watching series TV. Too many promising shows that end on a cliffhanger and then get the ax.

I was interested in the remake of V. Alas, it was cancelled on a cliffhanger.

There are more and more American/Canadian series that run for a single season and end their story: Harper's Island, American Horror Story, True Detective, American Crime Story, Slasher. I hope more follow the pattern.
Weren't most of those cable shows? I hope so too.
I gave up our local channels when it starting costing $10 a month.
Now if I wanted I could still access ABC, FOX and CBS on the internet. NBC won't let you watch without a cable provider on the internet.
I do get ABC on an antenna (cost $6.99).
Old 05-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #65
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Weren't most of those cable shows? I hope so too.
I gave up our local channels when it starting costing $10 a month.
Now if I wanted I could still access ABC, FOX and CBS on the internet. NBC won't let you watch without a cable provider on the internet.
I do get ABC on an antenna (cost $6.99).
Harper's Island - CBS
American Horror Story - FX
True Detective - HBO
American Crime Story - FX
Slasher - Super Channel/Chiller

Yeah, all but Harper's Island were cable series.

There was another good one season series, Day Break, that aired on ABC. But it was a bit of a bomb. I think they only aired the first half. Good show though.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert