Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I would like to test it, too.
On what?
You info block does not list anything which runs fw 5.6.5
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #62
loco
Connoisseur
loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PW2
Well i hope this works with 5.6.5 english pw2 bought and used in india.
loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #63
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Check the first four (or six) characters of your device serial number against this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
G090G6 was missing. I just added G090G6 as Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) 3G + WiFi (Canada) in the Wiki (I confirm mine is).

Quote:
Updates have disappeared in the past.

In fact, the ability to download anything other than the current update is 110% under Amazon's control.
Even if update_xyz_6.5.*.bin is not seen on the website, if you modify the URL, most likely you'lll still be able to download it, at least it had been the case till now for older devices!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-05-2015 at 09:01 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #64
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Even if update_xyz_6.5.*.bin is not seen on the website, if you modify the URL, most likely you'lll still be able to download it, at least it had been the case till now for older devices!
With a few exceptions.
Which are the packages I was referring to when I wrote: "disappeared".
Old 10-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #65
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
5,000 views in a week, I think B.D. might want to change his estimate of only a 100 people going to use this.

5.6.5 for my PW2 duly downloaded in anticipation... A big to all the MR devs.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2015, 10:54 AM   #66
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Received this afternoon my PW3 Wifi (bought from the US)
- Software version: Kindle 5.6.5. (273030 038) with a small typographic update
- DSN = G090G1xxxxxxxxxx (on the list)

Preparing to jailbreak. Reading the doc...

EDIT: serial number hidden by moderator

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-06-2015 at 08:48 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #67
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi

There isn't any doc to read, this JB has not been released yet.

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-06-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:04 AM   #68
engis78
engis78 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
I have a PW3 bought in Sweden with
software version: Kindle 5.6.5 (2730300038)
device serial = G090G1xxxxxxxxx
I'm willing to reset and test on it if my help is needed

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-06-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: serial number hidden by moderator
engis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #69
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have a dp75sdi

What needs to be tested before a public release?
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #70
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
I have a dp75sdi

What needs to be tested before a public release?
1) What is that?
We use these nicknames for the models here, based on the device's serial number:

2) Nothing.
The delay in a public release is to give Amazon/Lab126 time to fix the firmware problem that was discovered.
This is the second time since I have been a member that we had to delay a public release.
The reason is the foundation of this JB could be used without the owner's control. I.E: A for-real security hazard.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #71
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Originally Posted by roger64
Hi

Quote:
There isn't any doc to read, this JB has not been released yet.
Oh Oh! I had checked the "Kindle serial numbers" list and thought that this serial number had been successfully tested and that "support for it had been added"? (see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jail.png
Views:	715
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	142620  

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-06-2015 at 08:50 PM. Reason: support
Old 10-05-2015, 12:27 PM   #72
roger64
Wizard

mistake
Old 10-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #73
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
mistake
That table lists the models that are supported by KindleTool.

KindleTool is the application that we use to take-apart Amazon update packages and to create the Mobileread update packages.

KindleTool is OpenSource software, currently maintained by NiLuJe. (see his snapshots thread for the most recently built versions - a few days old now.)

But I can understand how the misunderstanding could happen, with my repeated mention of that table of nicknames in this JB thread.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:20 PM   #74
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Take note of the 'TBC' notice on that list. I'd like more than one report to confirm those (the EU 3G one looks particularly fishy, for instance).

Basically, we're missing:

EU 3G
US/I18N 3G

And maybe:
RU 3G
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #75
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
1) What is that?
We use these nicknames for the models here, based on the device's serial number:

2) Nothing.
The delay in a public release is to give Amazon/Lab126 time to fix the firmware problem that was discovered.
This is the second time since I have been a member that we had to delay a public release.
The reason is the foundation of this JB could be used without the owner's control. I.E: A for-real security hazard.
I didn't it on the back at all, had to go into the menu.

1. It is an 90D5 (I think US Wifi + 3G 2GB kindle).

2. How long do you guys usually wait? Is there a fixed time or is it 'until they fix it'?

Thank you for your reply!
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreaking