Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 03:57 PM   #1156
ArturoKiwi
ArturoKiwi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Paperwhite usb downloader mode???

Hi, I'm trying to unbrick a Paperwhite freezed in scrensaver.
I read some guide and I'm "burn" Kubrick on a usb, but then I need to put the Paperwhite in usb downloader mode and I don't know how to do it
I red to press power + home button, but in screensaver there isn't home button
Someone could light my way?

Thanks
ArturoKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #1157
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoKiwi View Post
Hi, I'm trying to unbrick a Paperwhite freezed in scrensaver.
I read some guide and I'm "burn" Kubrick on a usb, but then I need to put the Paperwhite in usb downloader mode and I don't know how to do it
I red to press power + home button, but in screensaver there isn't home button
Someone could light my way?

Thanks
Kubrick does not support Paperwhite.

Please read the first post on the first page of this thread.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2019, 06:08 PM   #1158
ArturoKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Kubrick does not support Paperwhite.

Please read the first post on the first page of this thread.
You are definitely right! "other devices (K1, K2, KDX, Paperwhite) are not supported!"

Could you please point me in the right guide?
Because I think that also the "simple debricking guide" is not for me
Old 10-21-2019, 09:41 PM   #1159
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoKiwi View Post
.. . . .
Because I think that also the "simple debricking guide" is not for me
It is for you.
The mention of a specific model(s) in the guide are in reference to the model(s) used to develop the guide.
But the guide directions apply to all devices with series 5.x firmware.
That is your use-case.

(with a few exceptions - like the "Androidized" models/firmware exceptions)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:47 AM   #1160
ArturoKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is for you.
The mention of a specific model(s) in the guide are in reference to the model(s) used to develop the guide.
But the guide directions apply to all devices with series 5.x firmware.
That is your use-case.

(with a few exceptions - like the "Androidized" models/firmware exceptions)
Thank you
Advert
Old 10-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #1161
RedshiftVelocity
RedshiftVelocity began at the beginning.

Device: KT (D01200)
Hello,

I'd like some help debricking a KT...5? (Model number is D01200). I'm using VirtualBox in Windows 10 (I can't make a USB boot work, and I'm using a laptop with no CD/DVD drive).

I'm in a similar situation to what @lj001 was having; I can use Kubrick through a VM only, and can get to the point of "Press NEXT once your kindle is in fastboot mode". I'm using VirtualBox in Windows 10, so I doubt the "driver issue" theory. I can sometimes briefly see the device "Kindle" plugged in, but I can never get it through to the VM. Any ideas?

Thanks!
RedshiftVelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:39 PM   #1162
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedshiftVelocity View Post
I'd like some help debricking a KT...5? (Model number is D01200). I'm using VirtualBox in Windows 10 (I can't make a USB boot work, and I'm using a laptop with no CD/DVD drive).
Have you looked into getting a USB CD/DVD drive for cheap, borrow, or free?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #1163
RedshiftVelocity
RedshiftVelocity began at the beginning.

Device: KT (D01200)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Have you looked into getting a USB CD/DVD drive for cheap, borrow, or free?
Just curious, how would that differ from a flash drive if it's still over USB? It is an option, but not ideal.
RedshiftVelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #1164
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Because BIOSes were notoriously bad at handling boot from USBMS sanely.

It's gotten vaguely better in EFI land.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #1165
arina.surkova.94
arina.surkova.94 began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Hi, friends! Sorry for offtop, don't find troubleshooting with search.
I have a brick of KT3, please send me to the right way.
arina.surkova.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #1166
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arina.surkova.94 View Post
Hi, friends! Sorry for offtop, don't find troubleshooting with search.
I have a brick of KT3, please send me to the right way.
Not found equals there isn't any.
At least not anything useful on the "Androidized" models.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #1167
arina.surkova.94

Quote:
Not found equals there isn't any.
At least not anything useful on the "Androidized" models.
No way to debrick it?
Old 12-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #1168
arina.surkova.94

All was gerat until I turn on wi fi, it's started to freeze and I do the reset.
Then it started to install updates and write "update error2" and then "update error4" and now there is only tree and boy...
Old 12-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #1169
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by arina.surkova.94 View Post
All was gerat until I turn on wi fi, it's started to freeze and I do the reset.
Then it started to install updates and write "update error2" and then "update error4" and now there is only tree and boy...
You did a reset while it was trying to install an update...
Did you see the "Do not turn off" message or didn't you think that "reset" counted as turning off the device and turning it back on?

You picked a model we do not have information on fixing.
So return it to Amazon as "broke", have them replace it.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:42 AM   #1170
arina.surkova.94

Quote:
You did a reset while it was trying to install an update...
Did you see the "Do not turn off" message or didn't you think that "reset" counted as turning off the device and turning it back on?

You picked a model we do not have information on fixing.
So return it to Amazon as "broke", have them replace it.
I bought at the ebay without box and leave good feedback, because it's worked great. Amazon say that can't help me without serial number.

No any message. I turn on my wi-fi and go to the kindle store and book started to slow down and frized. I push the button and select reset and and only then did I understand that was updates, when it started to install it after reset.

Last edited by arina.surkova.94; 12-10-2019 at 02:44 AM.