Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Request: From the Library of:

I have started converting all my ebooks with the selection of "adding metatdata".

One field I would like to be able to add is: "From the Library of <my name>"

I am using the "Tag" field now, but it also includes the word "Tags" which makes it read strange.

The inclusion of this field would be a way to track books that are from your own library.

AJ

My apologies if this has been addressed, I tried searching but searching for "Tags" or "Library" brought up way too many results.

If your answer is to open a "ticket", please tell me how to do that, I'm just familiar with this forum.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
How about a custom column?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
How about a custom column?

G
Custom columns do not convert into the text of an ebook when you do conversions. I originally tried that, but only certain fields: tags, comments, publisher, title, author, series: are put into the book.

What I would like is that a new field "Property of" or "From the Library of" be created, and then the owner would just add his or her name, and this field also be included when the conversion is made.

AJ
Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Are you using the 'Insert metadata as page at start of book' option?

If so, I updated this thread that discusses how to customize the jacket. You can edit the template to add the contents of custom fields.

G

Edit: You may also be interested in this plugin as it develops.

Last edited by GRiker; 08-02-2012 at 01:57 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru

I found a workaround....I'll just use the "Publisher" tag. So far it's been just what I wanted.

Thanks for the suggestions, but they were way above my abilities.

AJ
Advert