Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
How do your sales stack up with the various online book stores?

We've been selling our e-book titles online for a year now and have some sales data to chew over. I was wondering if anyone else can comment on how the various stores perform for them? Do you get much better results from one than the other?

The titles are health information about Diabetes, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Weight Loss, Thyroid Disorders etc.

Also, do you get results from stores I haven't listed? The books are formatted (not fixed) but they don't suit the Smashwords mold.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sales.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	89031  
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Wannabee are those sales results in the graph representative of world wide ebook sales?

I see you are in country NSW, and Sony doesn't sell into Australia directly, rather Sony directs users to Borders and Angus and Robertson's online sites - so are Australian figures represented in the graph?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Writers' Corner.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Wannabee are those sales results in the graph representative of world wide ebook sales?

I see you are in country NSW, and Sony doesn't sell into Australia directly, rather Sony directs users to Borders and Angus and Robertson's online sites - so are Australian figures represented in the graph?
Thanks for the reply LL. Those are all sales from those stores to wherever they sell. We have worldwide rights for all our e-book titles.
Amazon and iTunes' figures on the graph are combined. ie US, GB, CA, EU, AU. I'm not at work so I cant check right now, but from memory Sony's reporting doesnt show territory. I thought that was because they only sell to the US. Kobo has just started selling to Canada but I haven't seen the report differentiate.
Google Plus has been a real disappointment. Kobo outsells Google.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have not graphed my sales, but I think it would look exactly like that one, except maybe more weighted towards Amazon.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Swap Apple and B&N, and that would roughly line up with my experience.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
Anna Drake
Zealot
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The only outlet where my novel sells at all well is B&N. I'd be dancing in the street if I could bring my sales up at other outlets to the B&N totals. Keep in mind, though, even my B&N sales would seem moderate compared to the number of books many people sell.
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote