Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-26-2024, 01:33 PM   #1
PBence
PBence began at the beginning.

Device: none
Metadata Search Results Overwrite Issue with Multiple Plugins

Hello fellow Calibre users,

I've encountered a puzzling issue while using multiple metadata source plugins in Calibre, and I'm hoping to find some guidance or a solution from this knowledgeable community.

The Problem:
I frequently use several plugins to fetch metadata from different websites, aiming to get the most comprehensive data for my ebook collection. Each plugin is supposed to pull data from its respective source and present the findings in Calibre's main window, allowing me to review and select the most accurate or complete metadata for my books.

However, I've hit a snag. Although the error logs show that findings from all used plugins are successfully retrieved, the main window of Calibre doesn't reflect this diversity. Instead, it only displays the metadata fetched by one of the plugins, seemingly overwriting or ignoring the results from the others. This limitation hinders my ability to compare metadata sources directly within Calibre and choose the best option for my needs.

Steps Taken:
  • I've ensured that all plugins are up-to-date and correctly configured according to their individual instructions.
  • I've reviewed the Calibre settings to see if there's an option that might be causing this issue, but nothing stood out.
  • I've checked the error logs, which confirm that the plugins do retrieve data, so the issue seems to be with how the results are presented (or not presented) in the main window.
My Question:
Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? Are there settings or steps I might have overlooked that can ensure the metadata search results from all plugins are displayed simultaneously, allowing for a direct comparison and selection?

Any insights, suggestions, or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to make the most out of Calibre's powerful metadata fetching capabilities without being limited to the results of just one source at a time.

Thank you in advance for your help!
PBence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's metadata download system merges identical results from different plugins and keeps only one result per source. Use the setting in Preferences->Metadata download to keep more than a single result per source.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 10:55 AM   #3
PBence
PBence began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for your reply and the suggestion. I've already tried adjusting the settings as recommended, but unfortunately, the issue persists: the software still merges the results instead of displaying them separately.

To illustrate, here's an example:

I used 3 different plugins to search for metadata, and collectively, they found 4 distinct results. However, in the Calibre main window, only 2 of these results are displayed, rather than all 4.

Any further insights or suggestions on how to address this would be greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Képernyőkép 2024-02-27 164619.png
Views:	21
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	206606

Name:	Képernyőkép 2024-02-27 164727.png
Views:	14
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	206607

Name:	Képernyőkép 2024-02-27 164814.png
Views:	15
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	206608

Name:	Képernyőkép 2024-02-27 164907.png
Views:	21
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	206609

Maybe there are some issues with the plugins.
PBence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 12:16 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THere's nothing more that can be done identical results are merged.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote